Chapter 18: I need you, Alpha

Jungkook went back to his house, he was tired because of his work but he didn't mind at all. His hyungs weren't at his house due to their schedule. He went to his kitchen to pour white wine into his glass. He untied his necktie and sat down on the couch while holding the wine glass.

He scrolled through his phone checking what was the update about random stuff and as usual, he saw his own "date scandal" on the newsfeed. A smirk was plastered on his face while reading the article. He can take them down if he wants to but he doesn't have any interest to do that.

He likes what he was seeing right now. Mostly because the article was about his mate. He believes there's nothing wrong with that. He let out a chuckle and drink his wine. Suddenly, he heard the door open. He looked at the door and saw his mother come inside.

"What are you doing here, mom?" Jungkook asked and proceed to read the article.

"You know why I'm here, Jungkook." Denise responded and went near to him.

"If you're here to tell me about that childhood friend of mine, please cut it off, I don't want to hear anything about her." Jungkook spoke.

"Come on, Jungkook, she wants to see you at least give her some time." Denise told him.

"Mom, I told you, I'm busy, I can't make up anything for her." Jungkook insisted.

"We both know you have free time, you just don't want to see her." Denise rolled her eyes.

"I'm glad you already know that." Jungkook smiled at her.

"Why don't you want to do that? She's a pretty and kind woman. You will like her like you used to do in your past." Denise stated, sitting on the couch beside him.

"It was in the past, mom, it's not the same as before." Jungkook clarified.

"It's because you don't see her anymore, but your feelings will be back if you see her right now. And I'm sure you will like her more than you used to feel before." Denise explained.

"Even if I see her right now, that won't change the fact that I don't like her anymore. She's not the one for me and you have to accept the fact. You can't force me to have feelings for her." Jungkook shot back.

"You will regret saying that once you see her." Denise added.

"I don't regret anything right now tho." Jungkook smirked.

"Seriously, Jungkook, you will gonna lose gold, why are you letting it go?" Denise was frustrated.

"It's because I found a Gem, a diamond one." Jungkook grinned.

"What are you talking about? Don't tell me you are talking about those rumored dates about you. And I can't believe you're not making action about those articles. You should make them remove those useless articles." Denise inquired.

"Maybe, and let those editors do their job. I will feel guilty if I fire them, right? They were just doing their work." Jungkook smirked.

"Who is that Jungkook? Is that omega in your office or what? You must be crazy if that omega was the person you are referring to! Since when did you feel guilty about that? We both know you don't have a conscience. Don't act as if you are some good Alpha here." Denise grumbled.

Jungkook just shrugged off his shoulder and got a call from Taehyung. He was confused why Taehyung was calling him but he answered the phone. His omega barely called him mostly during this time because he is sleeping.

"What is it, pup?" He started to ask a question.

As usual, his voice was softer compared to earlier when he used it while talking to his mother.

"J—Jungkook, are you busy?" Taehyung asked in an audible tone.

"Not really, why?" Jungkook responded.

"Cuh—can you come here?" Taehyung inquired as if he was talking with a ghost because his voice getting silent.

"Yeah sure, I can, but why?" Jungkook was curious.

"I will tell you when you came here, please." Taehyung sounds pleading.

"Okay, I'm going now, do you want me to buy something for you?" Jungkook stood up from the couch and removed the tie from his neck throwing it on the couch not minding the fact that his mother can literally hear him.

"N— No, just you, I need you here, Alpha"

Jungkook's eyes turned red when he heard Taehyung moaning through his phone.

"Who's that Jungkook? And where are you going?" Denise asked curiously.

"Mom, shut up please, I am talking to someone." Jumgkook glared at her.

Heat. His omega mate is in heat right now.

"How do you want me to shut up? You have time to go to that person but not to your childhood friend for fucking sake." Denise retorted.

"Please mom, leave my place right now. And I have to go, don't stay here, I'm not going to come back." Jungkook told her.

"Jungkook!" Denise shouted.

"Pup, where are you?" Jungkook asked and immediately walked out of his cabin.

"In my room, Koo." Taehyung responded while hissing in pain

"I'm coming, will you please close the door of your room while I'm not there yet?" Jungkook said going inside his car.

"How long are you going here? It really hurts, Alpha~" Taehyung winced clutching his bedsheet.

"Not long, pup, I'm in my car now, just wait for me, will you?" Jungkook started the car's engine.

"I—I can do that, Alpha— ngh—" Taehyung was in serious pain right now and he dropped his phone on his bed while curling his body.

"That's good of you, pup, just hold on a little bit. You're doing a good job, pup, I love it." Jungkook curses under his breath when he moves the accelerator.

"Ngh— please, Alpha" Taehyung begged in an audible tone while moaning on his pillow.

"Shit"

Jungkook put down his phone and drive fast as he can not care about the red lights.