Chapter 20: Apologies

After a painfully long night for Taehyung, he finally woke up feeling a little bit dizzy. His eyes widened when he remember clearly what happened last night. He jolted up from the bed and looked at his shirt. He grumbled under his breath noticing that it wasn't his shirt and Jungkook's scent all over his room.

He smacked himself for being stupid for calling the Alpha. He flinched when the door opened and saw Jungkook. He immediately kneels down and bowed his head to the floor.

"I-I'm sorry, Jungkook, I didn't mean to call you that time. I was insane for making you come here. I'm so sorry, I'm not that kind of person, It was just a mistake. I really don't know what's gotten on my mind at that time, please forgive me for my shameful act." Taehyung apologized.

Jungkook let out a soft chuckle and squat down in front of Taehyung.

"Pup, please show me your face." He told the omega who was so ashamed of what happened.

"No, I don't want to look at you right now, Jungkook. What I did was so disgusting, trust me, I'm not a slut. I'm far from that!" Taehyung clarified but still looked up at Jungkook to defend himself and cleared his name.

"Baby, would you like to calm down? I didn't say anything like that." Jungkook cupped the omega's cheeks.

"I-I'm just telling you, people thought I'm like that because I'm an omega. I don't want you to think of me like that." Taehyung uttered.

Jungkook pecked both of Taehyung's eyes and smiled at him.

"I will never think of you like that, pup. I trusted you, besides, I understand that you are in heat so you don't have to worry about it, okay?" Jungkook giggled.

"Thank you for understanding, Jungkook, I'm glad you are my friend." Taehyung hugged him by his waist.

Just friend? Surely they can be more than that, right? Ha. Ha.

"Should we go and eat breakfast? I prepared something for us." Jungkook said changing the topic.

"Can I take a bath first? I-I smell stinky and also, I felt sticky." Taehyung replied when he shyly pulled away from the hug.

"Sure, I'll wait for you then. And pup, you smell so good as always." Jungkook winked at him.

The Alpha stood up and left while Taehyung felt flustered. He immediately stand up from the floor and went inside the bathroom to take a quick bath.

-----

They were currently in the company, and Taehyung was inside the elevator while carrying coffee to bring to their team leader Jimin. He was waiting for the elevator to arrive at his destination but it was stopped when someone came inside and he was sure that person is Jungkook's mother.

"You're the omega that called my son last night, right?" Denise asked looking at him.

"Uh, yes, why?" Taehyung responded swallowing hard.

"You shouldn't do that during your heat and also avoid calling my son because he needs to focus on his childhood friend, I mean his soon-to-be wife. I don't want him to have any scandal to random omega." Denise stated.

"I think you misunderstood that ma'am, I already apologized to him for doing that and there's nothing to worry about, I and your son's relationship is nothing that deep. We are just friends." Taehyung clarified.

"Friends? There's no way that will happen. My son surely won't befriend with random poor omega like you and just his employee. He won't be interested in you." Denise snickered.

"It's up to you ma'am if you don't want to believe in me but we are friends. And I don't think there's something wrong with that." Taehyung replied.

"Hah, you really dare to talk back to me. Don't you know that I'm the mother of the CEO here? I have a right to fire you." Denise threatened him.

Suddenly, the elevator was opened and Jungkook with a few board members behind him were waiting outside. Taehyung bowed to him but didn't make eye contact. But out of nowhere, Jungkook went in front of him and held his waist.

That wasn't the surprising part, Jungkook leaned in and pecked his lips right in front of his mother and the board members.

"I was looking for you, I told you to come back early, didn't I?" Jungkook cupped his cheeks.

Taehyung was so surprised that he didn't even realize Jungkook ask him a question. He was frozen in his place with eyes widened.

"Pup, do you hear me?"

He comes back to his own senses when he heard Jungkook's voice.

"Huh? Uh, yeah?" Taehyung doesn't even know what he should answer.

"Are you busy? Should we eat together later at lunch?" Jungkook asked him.

"S-sure, I-I guess?" Taehyung swallowed.

"Okay then, I will go to your department and pick you up there, hm." Jungkook smiled and pecked his lips once again.

Taehyung just nodded his head and bit his bottom lip not knowing what was happening.

Finally, Taehyung was far from them. His heart was beating so fast and still confused why Jungkook did that. Why the ground didn't swallow him alive that time? That is so messed up.

"You took so long, Kim." His team leader, Jimin told him with a stern tone.

"I'm sorry sir, something happened," Taehyung replied and bowed his head as an apology.

He is already inside Jimin's office putting the cold coffee instead of hot.

"Make sure that won't happen again, I don't like drinking cold coffee. This is your first warning." Jimin warned him.

"I apologize Mr. Park" Taehyung apologized again.

"You can leave now and continue your work." Jimin ignored his apology and continue to type on his laptop.

Taehyung bowed his head again and left the office. He sighed and shook his head. He can't believe he starting to mess up with his work and now more stress coming to him. He should talk to Jungkook later.