Chapter 5 ⭐️

(The character in the pic above is giving me BIG Yuudai vibes visually, so if u wanted a good visual of him that would it ladies! (Normally w his hair picked up tho 😍 LOL)  (Shinji looks a lot like this as well!!)

•••••••••

Third Person POV

The tone of Kakashi's group significantly lightened once the reanimated nin retreated, and Kakashi's own eyes widened in excitement when he realized Yuudai indeed succeeded in breaking out of the jutsu casters control!

He remained standing there strongly, a crystal spear encasing his arm from when he was fighting the other reanimated ninja. He then turned to face the group, a relaxed and reassuring smile on his face.

"Rest easy." He commands, and many of the ninja do, leaning against trees or falling to their knees. Kakashi also turns to his team of ninja.

"Alright! Yuudai has luckily managed to break out of the jutsu wielders control! He's an ally to the leaf and will be helping the shinobi alliance!" He announces, and you could see the visible relief on the faces of many shinobi who witnessed Yuudai use his crystal release moments prior.

"Y-Yuudai sensei?! Is it really you?!" Gai exclaims, walking over to the man he remembered from his childhood.

Yuudai smiles brightly at Gai, recognizing him instantly. "Gai! Wow this is great seeing you two all grown up!" Yuudai laughs, placing a hand on Gai's shoulder.

Gai's eyes widen and he bows profusely. "SENSEI! YOUR YOUTH SHINES AS BRIGHTLY AS ALWAYS, EVEN IN DEATH ALMOST TWENTY YEARS LATER!" Gai exclaims, and Yuudai laughs cheerfully.

"WOW, I can't believe you still got that whole youth thing going on! I'm proud!"

Kakashi shakes his head, smiling underneath his mask despite the looming tensions of war around him.

Yuudai turns from Kakashi and Gai, placing his hands on his hips and eyeing the crowd of shinobi.

"So all of you are from different villages huh? If you're from the mist and wanna fight me, try me later when you're a little stronger." He deadpans, waving his hand around nonchalantly before turning to Kakashi with a smile.

"S-sensei was that really necessary?"

"Of course! I see the looks on some of them, but I'd hate me too if I were from the mist! Oh also the cloud village haha!" He then turns to the group of shinobi again.

"Cloud village you guys too! Don't worry I didn't forget about you guys hah!" He laughs, turning to Kakashi cheerfully and placing a hand on his shoulder. "Sometimes fighting unites people!"

Wow, sensei is crazier than I remember. I should've known Haru got it from him. Kakashi thinks to himself before he turns to the group of tired yet alert shinobi.

"Right! Well those of you who are fit for guard duty, gather round!" Kakashi orders.

After quick consulting, the large team starts walking to their final destination, the location where they'll be setting up base to allow for medical ninja to work their magic and rest.

"Yuudai sensei, I still can't believe you managed to break out of the reanimation jutsu." Kakashi exclaims, walking side by side with the crystal wielder back to the base, a flurry of shinobi behind them.

Yuudai chuckles at this, patting Kakashi's back. "I was Orochimaru's favorite years ago. Whoever casted this jutsu has to be a disciple of Orochimaru.