Chapter 6 ⭐️

(Authors note: Art by @beastygurl1321 TYSM for this Haru art I love it so much!!)

Haru's POV

"Dad?! Is that you?!" I ask, my heart racing a mile a minute as I step even closer to him.

This has to be a dream, right?! A dream I never ever want to wake up from!

Dreams like these are the best, and oftentimes why I enjoy sleeping so much. Falling asleep and dreaming of having a family, it always takes my stress away and gives me an escape.

Seeing my mom and my dad under one roof, seeing them send me off to school, it's all I've ever wanted! (Well, aside from escaping the prison that was Konoha as a child.)

So now that he's here standing in front of me, I can't help but think this can't be real!

Sasuke is quick to grab my wrist, hauling me back to him and I immediately scowl

"Excuse me?" I question, not even noticing the way my dad arches a brow at the scene.

"He's reanimated, someone has to be controlling him." Sasuke states, his eyes still narrowed towards my father. Looking back at the tall blue eyed man, I fight the urge to run up to him and hug him.

"Dad! Is that true?!" I ask, and he only sighs. "Well, I was being controlled. But that was days ago, I broke out of it and came here on my own free will." He explains.

I smile excitedly "Wait so you're. . .alive kinda? At least for now?!" I ask hopefully, not really knowing the full extent of the jutsu's capabilities.

My father nods, and I move to jump at him and hug him, but before I do it's then that I notice his sharp gaze pinned on the way Sasuke is holding on to me.

"So, are you going to let my daughter come see me or are you going to hold her back from that too." My dad practically hisses, his arms crossing over his chest as his gaze remains sharp.

My cheeks flush and I practically rip myself away from Sasuke, taking some steps away before clearing my throat and trying to pretend like my father didn't just witness that.

"How do we know you aren't lying?" Sasuke asks, and I find myself grimacing at the tension the two have created.

"Sasuke, why are you questioning him so much?!" Lord this is not the way I would have wanted the two of them to get along!

"Haru, you read my letter. Everyone is looking for you, what if someone is using your father as a lure? I won't let that happen." Sasuke rhetorically questions and I falter, realizing that he's right.

"Oh? My daughter can protect herself." My father snaps, and I bite my inner cheek.

I think it's safe to assume that he doesn't like Sasuke very much...

"Plus, you obviously don't know how this reanimation jutsu works. Damned twerp." The older Oshiro criticized, running a hand through his untied hair.

My eyes follow the way he does so, feeling a warmth in my chest when I recognize that Shinji and I have the exact same mannerism.

"I suspect that Orochimaru or one of his underlings performed this jutsu. Dumb of them to reanimate me though, Orochimaru himself taught me the handsigns. That leads me to believe that the person who casted it isn't him."

Sasuke arches a brow "You were a student of his?" He asks, to which my father lets out a short laugh.

"Were you? My Kami does that freak have a type in teenage boys." My father snorts, eyeing Sasuke up and down critically.