Chapter 35

{3rd Person P.O.V}

It was just a normal morning. Benimaru is looking after Harue and Kaori back at the house while Hana is just taking a walk around Asakusa. She noticed that the bakery was open and went inside. There were quite a few people waiting to pay for their bread. The Baker and his wife were busy trying to ring up everyone. Hana picked up some melon breads for everyone since they really like them.

She just stood there before a small male voice spoke out to her

"I can ring that up for you, Miss".

Hana looked around and was confused, because the Baker and his wife were still busy.

"Down here, Miss".

She look down to see a boy around the age of 8, a few years older than her children that she recognizes. Hana's friendly with most people in Asakusa, so she tends to remember them.

"Oh hi there Shota, yes, that would great" Hana said while giving him a smile and crouched down to his height. It's been awhile since she had seen him because she usually mostly speaks to his parents, but she's very fond of children since they remind her of her own.

The boy then realizes who he's talking to and became red in the face.

"Y-you're S-Shinmon Hana" he said nervously. She's even prettier up close.

"Yes I am, I haven't seen you in a while. It's nice to see you again". It wasn't unusual for people to know her name since she is one of the very few female fire soldiers in Company 7 and married to the Destroyer of Asakusa.

"I-I um I can ring the bread up," he said blushing heavily with his hands out.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you," she said as she handed him her bread and then gave him a short kiss on the cheek like she does with her children. His face became even more red to the point where you could practically see steam coming off of him. He scurried off to the register as Hana followed. He finished by giving me a bag of bread.

"Thank you Shota, that really saved me the time. I'll see you next time". She waved and walked out the door as he shyly waved back. He had seen her do her fire soldier duties before and had always thought how beautiful her fire was.

Time skip (a few days later)

Benimaru was walking back from a patrol when he noticed a letter with a rose next to it on the ground in front of the house. Benimaru picked up both before reading the envelope.