Chapter Twenty-Three

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

I woke up and jumped up to get ready. Today is the day Karasuno goes up against Shiratorizawa. A lot of people are going to be there, too. Many of the students and faculty plan to go. Ukai One even plans on going! I got up extra early so I would have time to get Kageyama flowers for when they win. Is that stupid? Do people even do that anymore?

I entered a flower shop in the same town they were playing in. "Hello! May I help you today?" the florist greeted.

"Yes, actually," I smiled. "I know this is a broad question, but, do you have blue flowers? Ones that would be good to gift to someone who just won a game?"

"Yes, we do!" the florist smiled. "Blue bellflowers are very common. There's also iris's, poppies, blue roses. But if you want my personal recommendation, ocean breeze orchids are my favorite blue flower."

The florist then showed me a bouquet of the of the final flower. They're blue with purple tips. The way the blue transitioned into the purple was eye catching. They're so vibrant, but not too loud. They really are pretty.

"Perfect!" I said. "Thank you so much!" I payed for the flowers and ran out of the store. I then sprinted my way to the venue. I got to the stands where everyone supporting Karasuno was. A lot of orange. "Are they playing? Did I miss anything? How are they all doing?" I threw myself toward the balcony wall as I ran up; I almost went over.

Saeko grabbed me. "Y/n! Be careful!"

"You haven't missed anything," Shimada answered.

"Yeah. They're just getting ready to line up," Takinoue said.

I placed the flowers on the seat behind me and began observing the court. Both teams were lined up and an announcer started the introductions. As their names were called, each member of the starting line ups high fived their coaches and managers.

Apparently, this game is five sets instead of the normal three. This worried me, since I'm not sure how they're going to hold out. I mean, Shiratorizawa is used to a five set game. Karasuno has only played three sets, as I'm aware. They can do this. I know they can. They've prepared for this.

The ball was in the air. And then it wasn't. The entire gym went silent, just like yesterday, everyone was absolutely still. The referee blew the whistle and everyone went crazy.

"Ukai! Ukai, they did it! They actually did it!" I cheered.

He just kept his arms crossed with a smile. I jumped forward and began leaning over the balcony, nearly falling over it again. The first thing I saw was Kageyama's face. "We did it," he mouthed to me.

I could only smile and nod in response. I was too overwhelmed with the feeling of happiness to respond.

The next thing I saw was Daichi, Suga, and Asahi all hugging and crying. They did it on their last year. I cannot imagine the feeling of relief. Kiyoko was crying as well. Takeda and Ukai were still stunned. Tanaka bear hugged Hinata and Kageyama with the help of Ennoshita. Noya tackled Tsukishima to the ground with Yamaguchi. They all ended up in some big pile when they were finished jumping around. Karasuno stood up, got in a line, and thanked Shiratorizawa for the game. Karasuno was awarded with medals, a big trophy, and a certificate.

When it was finally over, I grabbed the flowers and got to running. As I was running to them, I bumped into someone. Two people, actually.

"What are you two doing here?" I asked.

"I found Oikawa in the stands," Iwazumi answered. I nodded.

Then there was a silence. "I just wanted to say, you guys played really well yesterday. Regardless of the outcome," I said.

"Thank you," Iwazumi replied. He then stared daggers at Oikawa. When Oikawa didn't get the message, Iwazumi elbowed him. "You're really struggling with your manners, aren't you? Say thank you," Iwazumi urged.

Oikawa paused for a second, thinking of his response. "Y/n already knows that I am very thankful for them," Oikawa joked. "Isn't that right?"

"Yes," I sighed.

Both their eyes trailed down to my hands. "Flowers? For who?" Oikawa asked.

I paused then admitted, "Kageyama."

"No way," Oikawa gaped. "He finally did it?"

"What?" I questioned.

"Iwazumi, can you believe this? First he takes our spot to nationals and now he's talking Y/n from me," Oikawa whined.

"How could he have taken Y/n from you if they were never yours?" Iwazumi responded. I laughed in response.

"That was rude!" Oikawa exclaimed. "Tell him that's a lie, Y/n."

"I don't know why you think I'm going to agree with you," I continued laughing a bit. "I mean, seriously. I never understood why you always tried getting with me. Do you see how many people want you? I'm just the only one that's ever rejected you."

"That's why. He has a thing for people who reject him," Iwazumi informed me. My eyes widened when he said that. I then started looking back and forth between the two of them. Apparently, just like Kageyama, Oikawa struggles to read social cues as well; Iwazumi, on the other hand, seemed to understand within milliseconds. "No!" Iwazumi shook his head. "Y/n, don't-"

"I'll see you guys later," I sang as I walked off. I, however, winked before leaving, leaving Iwazumi frustrated that I "took his words the wrong way".

I really need to find him. I weaved my way through the crowd of people, but stopped when I saw Tsukishima. I walked over to him and found the rest of the team. "Tobio!" I hugged him. He looked surprised, but hugged me back. "You did even better today, than you did yesterday! I didn't even know that was possible!" I complimented. I pulled away from him and showed him the flowers shyly.

"You got me flowers?" he asked.

"Too corny?" I laughed.

"It's cute," he said, as he pulled me back into a hug.

"Awh, no fair!" Tanaka complained. "I want to date someone who will buy me flowers after I've won a big game!"

"Me, too!" Noya added.

I continued to hug Kageyama, but turned my head to face them. He was staring the two of them down. "I'll get you all flowers at your next game," I told them.

"So cool!" they cheered.

Kageyama looked at me. "They're just good friends," I reassured him; he nodded in response. I pulled away from him and handed him the flowers. I walked over to Ukai and Takeda. "Thank you both," I said.

"For what? I didn't do much. It was all Specs over here," Ukai replied. Takeda stuttered.

"He did do most of the work," I agreed, "but you also helped in making their dreams come true. They all get to go to nationals."

"Come here, Kiddo," Ukai said.

I gave him a hug, but stopped when I saw Kiyoko. I walked over to her. I hugged her as well. "You've done some much for this team the last few years. I'm proud of you, too," I said to her. "Your work hasn't gone unnoticed. You made a good choice in choosing Yachi."

"Thank you," she said. "And thank you for your help in advertising. Not to mention, helping the team with their classes." After everyone was done with packing up their things, we all went home.

Here's the thing, Kageyama stayed over my place that night, but he never asked to talk. And he didn't ask the day after that. Or the day after that. Or the week after that. Or the week after that. I never talked about it because, in all honesty, I forgot; I think he did, too.

It wasn't until a month later that it came up. It didn't come up in a pretty way though. And the outcome, well, let's just say neither of us handled it like we planned.