Chapter Seven

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

Monday's are the worst. Somehow you're more tired than usual and the amount of sleep you get never matters. Though, it's not like I slept well last night. I went to work around ten didn't get back from work until after eleven. I don't even know what time Kageyama went home after I left; lucky bastard, getting to sleep in and all. We didn't exactly go to sleep early Saturday night so he probably slept in until late.

He visited me at work around three though. Can you guess why he was there? Yes, that is correct. He came to get milk! Honestly, you gotta wonder how someone can love milk that much.

I'm currently in newspaper club and not paying attention. We're going over some project our leaders are telling us about. Something about picking a group in the school to write our own newspaper about. Maybe the photography club? They could send some of their pictures and my project could look put together. No everyone's going to do the photography club. I'll have to think of something else.

Our meeting was finally dismissed and I headed home. Ukai said I didn't have to work today since he got someone else to cover and I worked thirteen hours yesterday. As I was walking home, I saw Mina.

"Hey, Y/n!" she shouted. "Wait up! We don't have practice today! I can walk home with you!" There she goes yelling my name again.

"Hi, Mina. How was your day?" I asked.

She then went on and on about her day until we made it to the vending machines. I got two bottles of (favorite drink) for Mina and myself. I saw Kageyama approaching from the corner of my eye so I got a water for him.

"And then, I saw that she was talking to-"

"Here, give this to him," I urged Mina. I put the bottle in her hands, spun her around, then pushed her towards Kageyama. He looked really confused. He looked over at me with a twisted face. "Accept it," I mouthed. He slightly shook his head.

"Y/n said for me to give it to you," I heard Mina say, shyly.

I literally facepalmed. Why do I even try? I walked over to them because I could tell they were both too awkward for their own good. Maybe I can salvage this awful attempt at trying to get them together. I took the bottle from Mina's shaky hands and slammed it against Kageyama's chest. "Take it."

"I wanted a milk," he refused.

"When someone, like Mina, gets you a gift, you should kindly accept it," I gritted my teeth.

"But I didn't get it for him, you did," Mina spoke up. Damnit, Mina.

"L/n, but mil-"

"No. You need to drink water at practice.
Wa-ter. Not milk," I cut him off. "It's important to hydrate yourself." He took the water bottle. "Good. And you," I turned to Mina. "What the hell was that? Why did you say I got it for him?"

"Y-Y/n, he's right there." She pointed out.

"I know that. It's fine." I looked at him, then back at her. "He can't read social cues to save his life. Now, the next time we do this, what are you going to do differently?"

"Accept the help that is being offered?" she answered.

"Yes, young one." I patted her on the head.