Chapter Twenty-Nine

~•Y/n First Person POV•~

I woke with Kageyama's arms wrapped around me. I turned my body to face him, causing him to adjust to me in his sleep. I allowed myself to stay with him for a few more minutes. In moments like these, I was almost able to forget the world crumbling around me. With him, it felt more as if my world was falling into place, not apart.

I soon got up and stretched. I noticed it was dark outside when I glanced out his window. I walked to his desk to grab my phone. That's when I noticed his wallet was left sitting there. Open. Inside I saw the picture Mina took of me on my birthday; at the bottom, he wrote the date it was taken in his crude handwriting. I picked up his wallet to look at the picture. He kept this in his wallet? Even while we were fighting?

"Are you trying to rob me?"

I jumped. "No." I turned to face him, with his wallet in my hands. "Okay, I'll admit it doesn't look good."

"Just ask next time," he yawned. "You know I don't mind."

"I don't need your money," I said. "I was just looking at this picture." I took the picture out and brought it to him. "Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you keep it in your wallet after all this time?" I asked.

"Because I thought it was cute," he answered, bluntly. I blushed, as he grabbed the picture from me and placed it on his night stand. "Now, will you come back?"

"I was actually planning on going home." My hand glided down the side of his face.

"You heard Ukai," he began, "you shouldn't."

"I was there. I've already seen it," I stated. He sighed and sat up. I watched him as he got out of bed. "What are you doing?"

"You want to go home," he replied, "so I'm taking you home."

"No," I refuted. "Go back to sleep. I'm sorry I woke you." He ignored me, and continued to get ready. "Kageyama, you don't have to."

"So it's Kageyama now?" he questioned. I didn't respond right away, so he resumed getting ready. When I didn't start a conversation, he sighed and walked over to me. "I'm already ready anyway. Let's go." I nodded and followed him.

Thankfully, it was no longer raining. The ground glistened with the remains of earlier. As we were walking, he began talking, "sorry." I looked at him, confused. "I'm sorry for not being there. Maybe I could have . . . I don't know. Stopped it?"

"No. It was my fault it happened." I shook my head. "I didn't mail the files to him on the right date. So if they were misplaced or not, it doesn't matter. He would've came anyway." His expression dropped. "It probably would have been worse if I had mailed them. I can't imagine what would have happened if he didn't get them on that day." That did not reassure him, in fact, I think it made it worse. I grabbed his hand. It was the last thing I could think of you. "Hey, I'm here now. You don't need to worry about it. He's gone, and he's not coming back."

"And how do you know that?"

"He said he didn't need anything else from me," I shrugged.

"So you're just guessing?" he exclaimed.

"It's an educated guess, yes," I nodded. He was going to speak, but I stopped him before he had the chance. "It's all right. Everyone knows now, it's not a secret anymore. If something were to happen again, you would all know."