Chapter 3 - The Suspect

Molly B.

---

"I don't know if I could do this. I have a special connection with him that's fragile for him, he looks up to me, I don't want to ruin that for him"

I said as I was looking through the 2-way window into the room Benjamin was in. He had his gaze onto the right corner of the room, he remained motionless and expressed no reaction. Hotch then replied without breaking his gaze on Benjamin said,

"You can do this. Just talk to him, if we find something worthy or if he says something that leads to the murder we will pull you out immediately."

I nodded and I grabbed my file and the BAU's file on Benjamin, I took a deep breath and I entered the room. There he was, Benjamin Menrow. He was older, he grew out of his baby face when I last saw him. He had long black hair that would cover his left eye, he wore a black band long-sleeve shirt with black ripped jeans. I don't know why they said he had a gothic look, it's more of a softer emo than a full-blown goth. He had black piercings on his eyebrow, bottom lip, and nose. His nails were painted black, and he wore chains and safety pins all over. He looks so different yet I can see the same Benjamin I met years ago.

"Hi, Benji."

I said softly, he looked up from his chair and I could feel he was hiding his excitement. He hated when I used his real name, he said it brought him too many memories that he did not want to relive. I understood it at the time, and Benji is what stuck. His hands were clutched up the entire time finally released as soon as I walked in.

"Sup."

Nice.

"Hi Benji, I don't know if you remember me but I'm Ms.Miller. We used to have therapy sessions about 2 years ago."

"Yeah, I remember you."

He said very quickly with no hesitation with a disturbed tone. He refused to make eye contact with me, but he no longer had the tension he felt a while ago. I sat down across from him and laid the files on the table. He looked at them for a second and looked away in a split second.

"Benji, do you know why you were called here?"

"Dumb cops think I killed them."

He said with a serious tone though when he said it he didn't wanna make eye contact. He looked to the right upper corner. The security camera was there. I opened my file first.

"It says here the last time we met was January 26th, 2012. Why did you stop showing up?"

"I-I don't know. I thought it was stupid."

He stuttered. You don't stutter unless your hiding something. Or just nervous.

"We were making good progress. You were finally opening up about your mom, and I remember that yo-"

"Don't talk about my mom!"

He raised his voice and slammed his hands onto the table. I nodded.

"How's high school?"

He didn't answer at first, a couple of minutes of just sitting in silence he spoke.

"It's fine, same people, same routine, the same type of bullshit."

"Your about to graduate though, aren't you somewhat excited?"

He finally looked at me, and I could sense something was wrong. His eyes went from serious and focused, to pleading to help his eyes. He quickly looked away and back at the upper right corner of the room. It was odd that as soon as I said something related to him leaving his eyes lit up. Also he kept looking at the camera, that was suspicious enough. I had to at least try something. I grabbed a file, and turned it around, and starting to write a message. "Keep responding to the questions I ask. Blink twice if someones watching"