Chapter 17 - Gracie

**same inspo board**I lowkey cried writing this**

—-
After our long flight, we finally got to California. We got out of the airport, waiting for my dad to pick us up.

"So how do I introduce myself? As a boyfriend or?"

He said laughing, I punched his arm and said.

"No silly, you're my best friend. Just be friendly and avoid talking about touchy subjects."

He smiled and pulled me in for a side hug. He rubbed my shoulder, I saw a grey grand Cherokee jeep pull up to the side. I saw my dad get out of the car, and I went up to him and hugged him.

"Hey, sweetie. I missed you so much!"

He said as he moved my hair out of my face. I smiled at him.

"I missed you too! Hey dad, this is Dr.Spencer Reid."

I said I pulled out of the hug and introduced Spencer. Spencer waved, and my dad awkward back and said.

"Hey, Dr. Spencer Reid. I am Molly B's dad, you can call me Bill or sir"

"You can call me Spencer."

Spencer said as he waved, my dad grabbed our bags and put them in the trunk. We headed out of the airport, it was quiet for a bit. My dad wanted to take us to eat lunch, and I did not disagree. We went to have lunch at a local diner.

"So Spencer tell me a bit about yourself"

My dad said as he took a sip of his water. I immediately shot up and awkwardly looked back and forth between the both of them.

"Oh well, I have 3 B.As in Psychology, Sociology, and Philosophy. I also have 3 Ph.Ds in Chemistry, Engineering, and Mathematics. I love literature, I can read over 20,000 words per minute. I also have an eidetic memory, sir."

I dramatically dropped my fork on my salad. I crossed my arms and sat back. My dad looked up laughed before asking.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"I am 29 turning 30 soon sir."

My dad was surprised, he looked directly at Spencer. I was so confused. I decided to speak up to ease the tension.

"How's the new job dad? Being a contractor?"

"It's going good, super tiring but it's all worth it"

He said smiling back at me, my dad knew his boundaries when it comes to my friends. He always tried to strike up a conversation with any of my friends regardless of what his opinion of them was.

"How's the new job going? "

"It's going great actually, I feel like I'm really making a difference, my team is amazing and it's all good despite the circumstances."

I said frowning a little at the end. I had told my dad about Emily, which then he immediately wanted me back home but I told him I would be okay.

"Emily was one lucky girl, but she's in a better place now."

My dad gave me a sympathetic smile and went onto eating his plate. We all finished up and my dad had gotten a call from his work. We drove back to my old childhood home, and I walked into the house.

"Hey sweetie, I'm sorry I have to go back to work. I'll be back later."

He kissed my forehead and went on his way leaving me and Spencer in my house alone.