Chapter 20 - The Decision

**has not been proofread**
Molly B.

"Agent Miller. You weren't involved at all during the case. Why is that?"

I looked up at Senator Cramer as he looked at me with a stern voice. I looked up and said

"I was never involved in the new case of Ian Doyle after Prentiss's death. I was only made aware of it the same day Agent Prentiss came back."

I kept eye contact with the Senator as he spoke to his committee. He reverted his eye contact towards me.

" Agent Miller were you in a relationship with Prentiss?"

I nodded, and took a deep breath and smiled back.

"Yes, me and Emily Prentiss were in a relationship prior to her death. We had disclosed this with Aaron Hotchner."

He nodded as he wrote something down. I was then excused and brought back into the hallway. I sat down next to Spencer who had been sitting next to Strauss. She quickly got up when she saw me and went into the courtroom.

"how did it go?"

Spencer asked as I sat down next to him. I put my head into his shoulder and sighed.

"I had nothing to do with this case or Prentiss's death, that's all."

He nodded as he kissed my forehead.

"It's okay, this will all be over soon."

He reached and held my hand as we just sat there. Footsteps emerged from the entrance and voices exchanged with the security guard were met. I looked over and there was Emily staring in our direction. She walked towards me and Spencer, and I quickly got up.

"Hey you two, have you been pulled in?"

I nodded and Spencer shook his head. A awkward pause shortly followed, as she stood there uncomfortable watching Spencer as he let go of my hand. Soon Strauss came out and Spencer was pulled in. She exchanged a few words with Emily before leaving back into the courtroom. I turned to face the wall, not wanting to exchange a single look with Emily. We haven't spoken since her return, I didn't want to speak to her.

"So you and Spencer?"

She said as she sat down next to me, I shifted my body away from her and looked around. I ignored her question, she doesn't need to know anything about me and Spencer. It was just an awkward silence, I could've just left but I didn't. I wanted to wait for Spencer even if that meant sticking it with her. My mind hasn't processed her return yet, in my mind Emily Prentiss died. I finally had the urge to get up and walk around, I couldn't bear to sit anywhere near her. I could feel her gaze as she watched me pace back and forth.

——

"I thought it would be a gross mix but I sorta love it."

I was scraping the cup of my mint chocolate chip ice cream. Spencer laughed as he continued to eat his ice cream, he looked up and fed me a spoon of his. Once we finished our ice creams, we want back into his car.

"Hey Molly. I've been meaning to ask you something."

I looked up at him as I fiddled with my seat belt. I smiled and nodded.

"Okay, I know you've even staying at my apartment ever since you know.. b-but anyways I know Emily is back and I don't know where you stand with her... b-but I was hoping you would maybe consider moving in with me?"

My eyes widened once I heard those words. I immediately jumped up in my seat and laid
a kiss on him.

"So is this a yes?"

He asked as he rest his forehead on mine, I held his hand and I nodded.

"Yes."

——

We walked back into the BAU, as Strauss was gonna tell us the decision of the council. We all settled into the round table conference room, and we awaited as she came in with Hotch.

"so the committee made it clear they will not support a rogue team..Agent Prentiss convinced them that you are not that. They will be watching you closely, so I suggest you play by their rules"
"So we're okay.
Garcia said as she looked around at everyone. Strauss nodded, and a huge weight was instantly lifted off everyone's shoulders. She let out a small smile and shifted towards Emily.

"There may be more paperwork, considering your.. situation, but the team is lucky to have you. If you're interested?"

This was totally off guard for Strauss to say. Emily's face turned sour, as she let out a small disappointed look off her face.

"I'm in!"

Everyone smiled and congratulated her while I just sat and watched. I wasn't sure how I felt about her coming back on the team, I'm still not sure where I stand with her. But everyone seemed okay with it and that's all that matters.

——
I posted two short chapters tonight because I feel really bad about not being able to write lately. I haven't been the best, and quarantine has really started to hit. I hope you all had a wonderful holiday, and stay safe! I will be sure to keep writing when I can!
~purplebuckethat