Intro

Scratching the frost off the car each morning became his duty this winter, yet they never knew when they'll need to set off into the unknown again. Right now their life seemed settled. For the forth week Xiaojun was living in the same neighborhood. It almost felt like blending in.

"Autumn, my agent has called last night." The voice was melodic, when Xiaojun looked up to spot his father walking out of the house followed by the young woman they have been living with for the past month.

"Will you get a new role?"

Autumn was in her mid twenties, a beautiful energetic psychotherapist who was just starting her career, yet she was too blended by love to recognize the type of man his father was.

Jaemin caught his eyes winking quickly.

"Yes I've revived a role, it's the main lead. Unfortunately I'll need to travel to Australia for the shooting."

Xiaojun stopped scrubbing the car. Australia, what don't you say, he thought sarcastically.

You're as much of an actor as I'm an astronaut, no ok, I'll leave it to you, your acting skills are something.

"What about Dejun, will your brother stay here," Autumn cast a glance at the boy.

Jaemin was 31, his fresh features were making him seem younger so all of the ladies they had met were buying the story about a handsome actor traveling with his younger brother during a break between filming.

They would be stunned finding out, that this young man has got his mother pregnant when they have been just fifteen then tried to pretend it has never happened. The woman Xiaojun has never met must have hated Jaemin badly as one summer night she just left him in front of Jaemin's door causing a huge drama. Jaemin's family abandoned him, kicked out of the house, so he needed to find a way to survive, a way to raise his son. Xiaojun knew it must have been tough, yet sixteen years later they were still homeless, jobless, his father was becoming a bed companion for some lonely women who were keeping them over the edge. Xiaojun was learning on his own, even if Jaemin was signing all papers for home schooling. It was an endless peril, no stable roof above them, no future in sight, just here and now, another house, another girl.

"When will you leave," asked Autumn her eyes becoming watery.

"I'm waiting for news from my agent," Jaemin pulled her into his arms.

Xiaojun looked away. It meant Jaemin got bored with another girl, was setting off for an adventure when his son had dreamed of staying here, as Autumn was so king and carrying, taking care of him almost like a real mom he has never had.

"Is the car ok?" Asked Xiaojun causing Jaemin and Autumn to look his way.

"Great." Jaemin gave him thumbs up.

"Dejun I have prepared breakfast for you, you look so frozen go inside and warm yourself up." Autumn sent him a lovely smile.

Xiaojun lowered his head. How much he will miss that snow covered neighborhood, that beautiful house and beautiful girl. He will even miss scratching the car each day, but all that was left was to sprint into the house and enjoy maybe the last calm warm breakfast for a long time. The sight of the meal on the kitchen table caused sudden tears to roll down his cheeks. It was mechanic, each step he took before sitting down staring at the filled plate. Couldn't he ask Jaemin to stay here, for his father to go on another adventure alone? Definitely not as the curator wasn't really happy about Jaemin's parenting.

Xiaojun sighed finding his phone pressing an audio on play, smooth violin music filled the kitchen like roses blooming out on an ice desert. That magic sound was enough for Xiaojun to be able to eat that last breakfast in a safe house. As long as he could listen to it he knew he will be ok, a violin concert by one of the biggest instrumentalists of all times - Liu Yangyang.

 As long as he could listen to it he knew he will be ok, a violin concert by one of the biggest instrumentalists of all times - Liu Yangyang

Thank you so much for checking out this story. Because a lot of you had enjoyed No Boys Allowed I decided to write about Xiaoyang again. I hope you will enjoy it. What do you think about the characters and Xiaojun's life?

Much <3