14 | russia is a nice guy, dude

🇩🇪: female
🇷🇺: male
fluff
⚠️east and west germany, post ww2, mentions of nazi germany, mentions of suicide⚠️
btw its in the late 1970's/early 1980's
————

"hey восток(east)," a tall teenage boy called out from behind a shut door. "can i come in?" the boy was purposefully saying his sentence in english, knowing that the girl he loved in a brotherly manner didn't speak russian very well. he remembered the day when she 'entered' the family.

her father, the third reich, had just killed himself. his death indicated the surrender of nazi germany, which led to germany's splitting. everyone who had been involved in the war agreed that east and west germany should not be together anymore out of fear that nazi germany would rise once again.

east was to be sent off to the ussr and his family, and they were her new gaurdians. west had been sent to the western allies - america, britain, and france. the seperation of the twins was not a pretty sight. both kids sobbed and cried. their arms reached for each other, trying to stay together. who could blame them? the only thing they had left was each other, and even that had been taken away from them.

once east germany had arrived in soviet territory, she was immediately brought over to the ussr and his family's house. the soviet union had little mercy to offer. after all, she was related to that cold blooded bastard who betrayed him, that cruel and sad excuse of a man.

the union liked to call his children's kindness to the german pity. kazakhstan, armenia, and belarus liked to call it empathy. the rsfsr wasn't sure what it was. did the word really matter? was it really so important for the tiniest bit of humanity need to be labelled?

ussr prohibited the use of the german language in his household, thus east having no chances to connect with her native language. naturally, she was made to learn the russian language, yet was always mocked by the ussr for her accent.

"да", a soft voice replied to him.

he opened the door to see his friend with a gloomy expression on her face."you don't have to speak russian, it's just me,"

"mm" she grunted, acknowledging his statement.

"what's up? you don't look so good. are you ill?" the russian asked nervously, noticing how pale and tired she looked. the girl was clutching a pillow to her chest, her legs curled up around it as she lay on the bed.

she snorted. "i'm not ill, russia. you wouldn't understand,"

he tilted his head. "of course i would!" he said, walking to the window and opening the curtains for her - and dark and gloomy room would do nothing to help.

"i appreciate your trying, but you really won't understand thi—"

"tell me already, дура (dumny),"

"fine," the aryan rolled her eyes. "i'm on my period." she took note of her friend's widening eyes and suddenly awkward stance. "i told you,"

"well uh," he scratched the back of his neck, not quite sure how to respond, nor help. "do you want a blanket?"

she just laughed softly in response. "sure. thank you russia,"

the russian nodded his head with a small smile, attempting to reassure his companian. he turned around and shut the door behind him, giving east some privacy as he zoomed down the hallway to seek assistance. he stumbled into his siblings' shared room, yet finding only his little brother, ukraine, sitting on the floor and doing something, though russia wasn't sure what it was.