[Chapter 5 pt 3] The Flea and the Acrobat

READERS POV

Mike pokes a hole in the paper to demonstrate what Mr Clarke had said. El was clearly confused but she tried to hide it.

"It would take a lot of energy to build a gate like this, But that's got to be what happened. Otherwise how'd Will get there right?" Mike asked El.

"Right." El said still sincerely confused.

"What we want to know is do you know where the gate is?" Lucas asked El.

I notice Dustin turning in circles. What was he doing? I brush it off thinking he just needed to use the bathroom or something.

She nods in a no way.

"Then how do you know about the upside down?" Lucas almost yells.

Mike turns towards her to see her explanation.

She doesn't respond.

Then they noticed that Dustin was turning in circles like I did. Mike speaks up.

"Dustin what are you doing?"

"..."

"Dustin?"

Still no response he keeps Turing around in circles.

"Dustin!"
"Dustin!" Both Mike and Lucas yell.

"-I... I need to see your compasses."

"What?" Mike asks confused.

"Your compasses all of your compasses, right now!"

We place all of the on the table to see what Dustins up to now.

"What's exciting about this?" Mike scoffs

"Well they're all facing north, right?"

"Yeah so?" Lucas adds

"Well that's not true north."

"What do you mean?" Mike try's to get Dustin to elaborate.

"I mean exactly what I just said that's not true north. Are you guys seriously this dense."

"Hey! I know exactly what you mean. The sun rises in the east and sets in the west right?" I snapped back.

They all nod and Dustin smiles slyly.

"Which means that's true north." Dustin says while pointing towards north.

"So what your saying is the compasses are broken." Mike says as I scoff.

"Do you even understand how a compass works? Do you see a battery pack on this?" Dustin says while shoving the compass in his face as I snicker.

"No."

"No, you don't that's because it doesn't need one. The needles naturally drawn to the earths magnetic North Pole."

"So what's wrong with them?" Lucas asks pointing at them.

"Well that's what I couldn't figure out, but then I remembered. You can change the direction of a compass with a magnet, if  there's the presence of a more powerful magnetic field the needle deflects that power and then I remember what Me Clarke said. The gate would have so much power—"

"It could disrupt the electromagnetic field." Mike cuts out Dustins comment.

"Exactly."

"Meaning if we follow the compasses north..."
Lucas says waiting for someone to speak up

"They should lead us to the gate..."

OMG IM SOOO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED AND THIS IS SO SHORT. I PROMISE ILL UPDATE SOON AND THANK YOU FOR 200 READS.