Back to school and a interesting history lesson

Laura P.O.V:

As I walked through the hallways of the school, I could hear the people around me whispering to each other.

"O M G, she's back" One girl whispered.

"You think she's alright?" She seems, different" one of the girls whipered back.

"Of course she does. Her boyfriend died. What did you expect?"

"Guys, look!" One of the boys quietly said as he nudged the boy next to him, causing the said boy to look over.

"Holy shit" He murmered before I ignored them all and continued to walk to class.

As I walked into the classroom, I could see some of the students casually looked to see who walked in, only for them to be shocked as I did. Even the teacher was somewhat shocked as she saw me walk in. As I looked around however, my eyes landed on Asia who looked to be confused as to who I was before she asked her friends.

"Miss Ino, I didn't think you would be back so soon. Are you sure you're ready?" Ms. Masago asked as she looked at me with concern.

"I'll manage" I said before walking to my bench and sitting down while my classmates whispered to each other about me.

As I sat down and closed my eyes for a moment, suddenly I felt someone approaching me. As I turned to look who it was, I saw it was one of my closer female classmates named Enoma. She had dark brown hair, green eyes and was about 1.67m tall.

"Hello Enoma, can I help you?" I asked as I looked at her

"Are you alright Laura?" She asked as she pulled me into a hug, attempting to comfort me. I think. "You must be so shocked by what happened. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose someone so close to you"

"I'm fine. Could you please let go of me?" I asked as I gently began to move away from her hug.

"O-oh, s-sorry" She said as she let go of me. "I just thought-"

"It's fine, I appreciate the sentiment but I don't need that right now. Also, I think the class is about to start" I said as the teacher walked to the front.

"Alright, but don't hesitate to ask if you need something" She said with a smile as she sat in the bench besides mine.

After the teacher took the attendance, suddenly the door swung open before Issei came running into the class.

"I'm here!" He said as he quickly closed the door.

"I can see that" Ms. Masago said as she narrowed her eyes. "You're lucky, I was almost done with taking the attendance. Take your seat" She said as she pointed to Issei's bench before scribbeling something on her notes, probably that he was late.

"Yes teacher" Issei said with a joyfull smile while quickly walking to his bench and sitting down.

"Anyway, who can tell me what today's history subject is?" Ms. Masago asked as she looked around the room.

"The 10th century" One of the girls answered.

"That's right. Today, we are gonna talk about the end of the early middle ages. And today, I want to start with something special" Ms. Masago said as she grabbed a pile of papers and began to hand them out to the class. As I looked at the paper, I saw something which almost put a smile on my face. On top of the paper stood medieval drawing what looked to be a fully plated knight. In his right hand, he held what could only be discribed as a shotgun while from his left arm a blade seemed to extend. As my eyes wandered down, I imediately saw a bunch of text which looked to be a testament of sorts.

"What you have before you right now, is something which has confused scientists since it had been discovered. Who would like to take a guess why?" Ms. Masago asked.

"The language of the text?" One of the boys asked.

"Partially right. Would anybody else like to take a guess?" She asked as she looked around the class.

"It's the knight" I said. "They say it's from the 10th century, but there was no full plated armor in that time. People wore chainmail in that time"

"That's right miss Ino. Scientists have been baffled by this scroll ever since it had been found" Ms. Masago continued.

As she did, I however zoned out as I began to read the text.

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one stood. Burned by the embers of Armageddon, his soul blistered by the fires of Hell and tainted beyond ascension, he chose the path of perpetual torment. In his ravenous hatred he found no peace; and with boiling blood he scoured the Umbral Plains seeking vengeance against those who had wronged him. He wore the crown of the Night Sentinels, and those that tasted the bite of his sword named him... the Doom Slayer.

Tempered by the fires of Hell, his iron will remained steadfast through the passage that preys upon the weak. For he alone was the Hell Walker, the Unchained Predator, who sought retribution in all quarters, dark and light, fire and ice, in Heaven and in Hell, and he hunted the Factions with barbarous cruelty; for he passed through the divide as none but the factions had before.

And in his conquest against the souls of the doomed, his prowess was shown. In his crusade, the Wretched Nephilim bestowed upon him terrible power and speed, and with his might he crushed the obsidian pillars of the Blood Temples. He set forth without pity upon the Factions. Unbreakable, incorruptible, unyielding, the Doom Slayer sought to end the dominion of the three factions.

The age of his reckoning was uncounted. The scribes carved his name deep in the tablets of Heaven and Hell across eons, and each battle etched terror in the hearts of the Factions. They knew he would come, as he always had, as he always will, to feast on the blood of the wicked. For he alone could draw strength from his fallen foes, and ever his power grew, swift and unrelenting.

None could stand before the hordes but the Doom Slayer. Despair spread before him like a plague, striking fear into the Factions, driving them to deeper and darker pits. But from the depths of the abyss and the hights of heaven came The Great Ones, the mighty Devil kings and the Creator himself. The Devil kings and the Creator, all of immeasurable power and ferocity. They strode upon the plain and faced the Doom Slayer, and a mighty battle was fought on the desolate plains. The titans fought with the fury of the countless that had fallen at the Doom Slayer's hand, but there fell the Titans, and in there defeat the hordes were routed.

Yet as the mighty Titans fell and dread engulfed the armies of the factions, the Factions came together and laid a trap to capture this scourge of the Factions. Insatiable, even by the vanquishing of the Great Ones, the Hell Walker sought prey in the tombs of Phobos. And blinded by his fervor, the lure drew him in. The Factions brought down the temple upon the Doom Slayer, and in his defeat entombed him in the cursed sarcophagus. The mark of the Doom Slayer was burned upon his crypt, a warning to all of Hell that the terror within must never be freed. There he lies still, and ever more, in silent suffering.

As I read the last sentence, I couldn't help but smirk before quickly trying to hide it.

'It's all coming together now' It thought as I tried to keep a straight face. 'All we need to do now is complete the deal, free Es and then free him' I thought before I listened to what more the teacher had to tell.