Sixteen 🧸

"Madison?" Riley looked at me confused. Almost the same look as I had on my face.

I got out my phone and called nick to see where he was. He declined the call so I just kept retrying to the point where he answered.

M: where are you?

N: Why does it matter. We're not talking.

M: Nick are you alright?

N: can you just leave me alone.

He ended the call then I started getting a call from Ryland.

M: ry? What's up.

R: it's nick.

M: what's wrong.

R: it doesn't matter just get up here quickly.

He hung up then I put my phone in my pocket and ran up to the top floor. I walked out to where everyone was. They were all sitting on the blue loungers on their phones.

"where the fuck is Ryland?" I asked looking at them all noticing that he wasn't anywhere to be seen.

"I don't know." Sienna said looking me up and down in disgust. Alright then ms. Perfect. (Btw no hate to sienna at all. I just need a mean character for the story)

I then got a text from ry saying to meet him by my car. I started running again and finally got to Ryland.

"RYLAND OBRIEN STORMS YOU BETTER TELL ME WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH NICK." I said getting closer to him.

"Get in the car." He said. I ran around to the passenger side and got in. He started driving towards a place I didn't know.

"Ry where are we?" I asked.

"We're going to Carlsbad." He said focusing on the road. I had never been there before. I was meant to go for a field trip in 6th grade but they ended up canceling it and made us stare at a photo all day.

"Why?" I asked. Ryland didn't answer so he probably didn't hear me. "Ryland why are we going to Carlsbad?"

"Nicks here." He said. I remember nick mentioning that he used to live there but moved up to LA when the hype house first started.

It was about a 2 hour drive so I went on my phone and tried messaging nick. I went onto his Instagram, his twitter, his tik tok, everything!

"Mads were here." Ryland said shaking me gently. I must have fallen asleep while trying to 'stalk' nick. My phone started vibrating on my stomach so I picked it up and saw it was a call from nick.

"Ry." I said showing it to him. He told me to answer and put it on speaker so I did exactly that.

M: Nick where are you?

N: oh it's you.

M: Nick can you please tell me where you are.

N: past the church, east, harbor, left turn.

I could tell there was something up with his and so could Ryland. He got out his phone and told me to ask him where again.

M: Nick can you repeat that?

N: past the church, east, harbor, left turn.

M: is there anything else I need to know?

N: Middle East.

M: what?

N: Middle East.

The phone then went silent and nick hung up. I looked at my phone slightly confused, slightly worried.

"Madison, the first letter on each word or phrase he used was PEHL ME." He said looking down at his phone.

"pehl? Omg Ryland." I said making the connections. "If you unscrambled it, it would spell help me."

"We need to find his location now." Ryland said. We found it and started driving. We got to an old abandoned house. It had borders everywhere and planks of wood across the door.

We found a back gate and went in. We could hear small scream from inside so we tried to be as quiet as possible and tried to get in.

"Ry, look over there." I said pointing around a corner to show nick... surrounded by a group of 14 year olds.

Ryland bursted our laughing and walked toward them all clapping his hands sarcastically. "Your the people that kidnapped nick Austin?"

"That's us and if you don't stay back we will hurt you too." One of the girls said. They looked like an Ophelia but trying to put on a Michelle act.

"Oooh scaryyy. Sorry but your all like 9 and your standing around a 20 year old. Also you fucking kidnapped him. Nick I'm also disappointed in you, you really let a group of 9 year olds take you." Ryland said making me laugh slightly. I was hiding behind a wall so no one could see me but I could still hear EVEYTHING.

"We're 14 you bitch." One of the other ones said pointing a butter knife at him. Ryland just acted like he didn't see it and untangled nick.

"Anyways, we will be taking nick now. Thank you for you service." I said coming around the corner and taking nick. All three of us walked out and got into the car. The girls started to follow us so Ryland started driving.