Fifteen : burning stars

Skye :

She surely always acted like some bursting, happy and story-telling girl, but sometimes, somehow, she would get sad too.

Right after when she got home, (after crying for a while in his arms) she laid on her bed realizing she couldn't be invincible all the time. She knew Julia loved her, but maybe, sometimes people don't love you enough. Or maybe sometimes you have to make drastic changes in your life, even if it means leaving your loved ones behind.

Mark was the only one who'd really seen her crying like the sky. Most of the times she would conceal the sadness amid other people, but in front of Mark, nothing could hide. Nothing was dirty, and nothing was shameful with him. Because he was her whole field of rose.
Before leaving his house, Mark had said,
"It's okay if you don't have your family. You can always have me. What is family supposed to do anyway? Love you enough and take care of you, right? I can do all these things for you, Skye. All these things."

Then she remembered the moment when Mark cried while hugging her in front of Julia's house, and she was so delved into her own sadness that she almost forgot why he was crying. So, like a lovesick bird, she texted him :

...........

20:09 p.m : You and Me. Forever

Her : so......are you awake?

Him : Yes, and you?

Her : That was lamest possible thing to say. No, my ghost is talking to you.

Him : Do you think we're connected like roots of grass? I mean, I feel like we share our lives with people, and that we are dependent like the roots of grass?

Her : Don't tell me you're again reading some horrible poetry of yours. But.....I think no one can think of dying as long as someone is still alive. We are basically sparks of hope underneath burning stars.

Him : You are hope for me.

Her : Isn't it just so pretty to think that there is an invisible string tying all the people together? Sometimes I feel like I've known you all my life. As If we have grown up together and shared our first kiss under some oak tree.

Him : So, who was your first kiss?

Her : A kid back in seventh grade. God, I remember how his lips tasted like hotdog sauce. It was pathetic. What about your first kiss?

Him : My first kiss was with you.

Her : I don't believe that !

Him : Okay, I've kissed alot of girls back in high school, but none of those mattered. And only the kiss with you felt like my first real kiss. You tasted like strawberries.

Her : So you used to be that hot famous kid in high school?

Him : Let's not talk about that. Do you have/ ever had a boyfriend?

Her : No, I'd never had a boyfriend.....Okay, tell me, why were you crying that moment you hugged me?

Him : I'd rather not talk about it. (P.s, it was a relief to know you don't date anyone presently. It makes me want to kiss you more)

Her : Mark...........tell me......

Him : Skye, I love you so much, and it hurts sometimes. Like, I want to spend my whole life with you, every second of my life. You and me. Forever. Is that possible?