Chapter 25: Coming Together

Thanks for everything my wonderful readers! Here's the next one...

Chapter Twenty-Five: Coming together,

I fell asleep in Caius's arms. After the news of my miraculous pregnancy, he would not leave my side. His astonishment about my condition did not last too long. Acceptance settled in. The three kings talked of the whole affair with such excitement that I have never seen before. The main topic was this possible for all vampires or was this just a single phenomenon. The whole coven was lively with conversation. Even Athenodora could not help her excitement about the prospect of the coming birth. The women were wonderful to me as they kept me company, talking together about how wonderful it would be to take care of the baby. None of the wives had ever had children before and they spoke of having one in the castle would be a blessing.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I open my eyes to the room silent and still. Caius was nowhere to be seen. The room was dark and the only thing penetrating the darkness was a single candle on my nightstand. I decided to get up and went to one of the windows and open the curtains so the natural light of the sun could fill the room, dissipating the gloom. I threw open the windows. A burst of fresh air breezed by me a swirled around the room to chase away the stagnant atmosphere. Suddenly the door opens, and the queens arrived with Corin.

"Well, good morning Bella! We brought you a tray of food and a letter from Caius." Said Sulpicia.

She laid my tray on the table by the bed and handed me the letter with a sweet smile on her lips. Athenodora and Corin sat on the other side of the bed. I observed a gentle smile on Athena's face that had me stunned as she continued with her pleasant behavior.

"Go ahead and read it. He left a few hours ago and put all of us in charge of you," urged Sulpicia.

I nodded and sat, crossing my legs as the ladies watched me eagerly as I opened the envelope and broke the Volturi seal. His beautifully written script filled the entire letter flawlessly. I smelled something faint and drew to my nose and was delighted to catch his scent as it lingered on the page. I sigh in happiness. This was romantic of him. I could get used to this treatment. It read...

Good morning my lovely Bella. I hope you had wonderful dreams of me and our baby. I smile to that line it was so sweet. I will return later this afternoon, in the meantime the ladies of the house insisted on looking after you. You will find Athena's demeanor much altered. She has excepted our union and is learning to love and except Marcus as well. Besides, she loves the idea of having a baby to adore. I have decided to trust her as long as the others a present. So, no more fear my dear. I want you to be at ease and be a good little mate and follow these instructions for me.

First breath and know that everything will be alright. Love surrounds you. Next, when you see your image in the mirror know that I'm in love with everything about you. Thirdly, eat and make sure you have all you want. You will need your strength for yourself plus one.

And fourth, stop crying this instant Bella. I laughed, sniffed, and wiped a tear away. Know it all! I plan to kiss you when I get back, so no tears please. And if you do, know that it will not influence me. I will kiss them away and you will feel no more sorrow ever again.

And as for the fifth, indulge your morning in a hot bath that I ordered the women to give you. Hope you like bubbles, Corin insisted on filling it full of lilac scented bubble bath soap.

And lastly, have fun with your new sisters, they are determined to keep you happy as much as possible until I return. So, keep your chin up and don't disappoint them.