Chapter 9: Caius explains

Thank you all who faved and followed so much! Hope you like the next one please let me know.

Chapter 9: Caius explains.

Caius's POV...

I saw Bella getting ready to go and I got up to it escort her back home. Edward was helping her on with her jacket as I grab the keys to Carlisle's car from him.

''Take good care of her Caius. 'Carlisle said as he surrendered the keys to me.

''Don't worry Carlisle, I won't let any harm come to your boy's girlfriend. ''I say irritably.

''I meant the car, Caius. He corrected, grinning at me.

''Oh, don't insult me, ''I snorted. ''I'm the best driver in the coven.''

''Still drive a Ferrari. ''He asked conversationally.

''Yeah, but I got a new one. It has a gold trim and black exterior with red leather to interior. ''' I boosted, and he laughed.

''What? I love cars, Carlisle. I had that one especially made, and it has Volturi colors. It's my baby, '' he shook his head at me, smiling as I went on about my pride and joy. Then, I was suddenly approached by Jasper as I was explaining how I took my car cross-country going over 200 mph.

''Glad to have you on our side, Caius. We do appreciate the help.'' I nod back. ''It should give us the numbers we need to defeat them. We will be practicing how to fight the newborn army and I will be instructing the duals. Please come and join us and your guard too. ''

''I will be there Major; you can count on it. ''I say as he thanked me and walked off to join Emmett as he dealt him in to play cards.

I open my palm when no one was looking and read the folding note in the privacy of the kitchen. It was from Alice. It read ...

Come see me before you go. I'm under the tree in the backyard.

I looked up at my guard. ''Demetri stay here and help Bella into the car. I will be a few minutes. ''

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I went around the house and spotted Alice under a tree. Leaning back with her head on her hip, waiting for me. I didn't know just what to expect, so I was ready for anything. I flitted to her and looked questionably in her eyes and she smiles. That smile disarmed my suspicions immediately and I visibly relaxed.

''Good of you to come Caius. ''She said gushing with happiness.

''I wanted to talk to you about your growing bond with Bella. ''She said with a wink.

My eyes went wide at her then I remembered the Pixie girl was a seer. My curiosity was now piqued, so I nodded for her to go on.

''She's your true mate. I saw you two together and I know you plan on trying to tell her, but you must take things slow with her or she will reject you. ''She warns.

''Yes, I know. I ran my hands through my hair and pacing in front of her. ''I want her to understand that I was not taking advantage of her.''

''it's alright Caius, be gentle. Show her how you can be when you are not being a ruthless King. Be her mate, be her everything. ''She says encouragingly.

I stop in front of her and look her dead in the eye. ''Why are you doing this? Edward would be hurt in this and it can't be avoided. ''I say to her.

''I know but Edward doesn't have that true mate bond with her, you do, and it is a most rare gift. You need to be careful, Caius. She's vulnerable from being abandoned, even though she may not act like it. She's become an expert at hiding her emotions from everyone, ''Alice warns me with a frown. ''I know your mating instincts are strong, but you are going to have to go slow. She's not going to believe you at first but if you let her decide and feel the bond when you're near, it won't be long until she accepts you. ''