Chapter twenty-four

Brogan tied her hair up into a messy bun, and she walked out of the bathroom. She had turned off the taps, and as she walked out, she heard the door open.
Luke smiled at her,
"Hey."
"Hi." Brogan smiled back, and then she nodded towards the bathroom. "Your surprise is in there."
Luke smiled, a confused look on his face,
"Okay?" He let out a laugh and opened up the bathroom door.
He saw the bubble bath waiting for him, and the candles lit around the tub. He stared in awe, and he smiled to himself.
Brogan placed a hand on his arm,
"It's our last night together. Might as well make it a good one."
Luke smiled down at her, and then he kissed her lips passionately once,
"Thank you."
"You're very welcome."

Luke had convinced Brogan to get in the bath with him. It had taken a while, but she eventually obliged. As it was their last night together, the two decided to order room service and watch a film on the television.
Brogan checked her Twitter, noticing that she had gained a few notifications.
"People are tweeting pictures of me?" Brogan told Luke, confused.
"Hm?" Luke said, looking down at her phone. "Hey, you're famous." He teased.
Brogan smiled and rolled her eyes,
"That's so bizarre."
Luke chuckled, pulling Brogan in close,
"It's bloody mental."

The next day, Brogan and Luke packed up their things, and made their way down to the reception. After checking out, Luke decided it was best for the two of them to just leave; rather than signing autographs and taking pictures. He was feeling pretty disappointed that it was their last day. He missed hanging out with Brogan every day.
As the two climbed into the taxi, Brogan gave the driver her address, and then she rested her head against Luke's shoulder,
"I'm gonna miss you." She murmured.
"I'm gonna miss you, too." Luke replied, kissing the side of her head. "But, we'll see each other soon."
"And then there's tour." Brogan pointed out. "So it'll be back to seeing each other every day again."
Luke smiled,
"Can't wait."
Brogan smiled as well,
"Me too."

Arriving at the train station, Luke and Brogan stared ahead for a few moments, taking in the silence.
"We'll Skype every day." Luke planned.
"And text." Brogan added.
"And call!"
She laughed,
"It'll be like we're still beside each other."
The two shared a smile, and then they leaned over, hugging each other tightly.
"I love you." Luke whispered in her ear.
"I love you, too."
The two climbed out, and Luke got his weekend bag out from the back. Brogan locked the doors, and then the two held hands, and made their way inside.
"Think I'll text ya throughout the whole journey." Luke told her.
"Hey. I'm not complaining." She nudged her shoulder against his.
"Luke! Luke!" A girl screamed.
Luke looked over and he smiled politely, before looking down at Brogan, focusing his attention on her.
As they arrived at the ticket barriers, Brogan sighed deeply,
"Well. I guess this is it."
Luke smiled small and he nodded,
"Yeah."
He pulled her in and hugged Brogan tightly, who instantly hugged him back. Kissing the top of her head, Luke then pulled back and he sighed deeply,
"I'll be seein' ya, darlin'."
"See you soon, love."
Brogan watched Luke walk through the barriers, and once he was out of sight, she turned and made her way back outside to her car. As she climbed in, Brogan took a deep breath, taking in the silence; and missing the chaos.