Capítulo 20

Garreth

"What do you think about this dress, Maia?" Lily asked me with his confused expression.

Pinagmasdan kong mabuti ang dalawang damit na ipinakita niya sa akin. They're both beautiful. Kahit ano sa kanila, pwede na.

"I like the red one," I responded and she giggled because of excitement.

May gaganapin kasing party, eh. It's her parents Wedding Anniversary. Imagine that, spending your years to the person you ever loved.

I sighed and wonder... anong ginawa nila para maka-abot sila nang ganoon ka-tagal?

I looked at my friend, Lily while she's busy preparing her things and make ups.

Sousanna Stephanie Torres Montefrio is the only child of my Tita Sylvianna and Tito Stevan. She was born here in New York, bumabalik lang ng Manila tuwing bakasyon.

She noticed that I'm looking at her and stop in the middle of her work and her eyebrows furrowed.

"What are you looking at? Maghanda ka na rin, Maia. The party will start in an hour, you should prepare your things, too." Lily said to me.

"Lily, anong ginawa ng mga magulang mo? Ang layo na nang narating nila," halos pabulong kong tanong sa kaniya.

Bumaling naman siya sa akin at bumuntong hininga.

Lily just look like her Mom. Round eyes, thick eyelashes, long but wavy hair, pointed nose. Ang kutis niya, parang perlas, she have thin glossy red lips. Look like she's a younger version of her Mom.

Matangkad rin si Lily, maganda ang katawan, and she's also a popular model here in New York.

"Maybe, because they love each other?" Lily answered in a question way.

Napatango na lamang ako. After all that happens in the past. I've learned my lesson. Hindi ko dapat basta-basta ibinibigay ang pagmamahal at pagtitiwala. In five years that I'm living here, natutunan kong... mahalin nalang ang aking sarili. Self love is the best love.

"Buti pa 'yung mga magulang mo, Lily." I faked my smile so I can hide it to myself.

"Hindi rin naman naging maganda ang past nila. Especially my mother's past. She was devastated, broken. But you wanna know why, who save her?" she paused for a little and a small smile was etched on her angelic face.

"My father. Mommy told me everything about it. You can't see and feel the love of a person when you're in love to another person. Daddy saved her. My father shows how much he loved, Mommy. He love her flaws, everything about Mom. Siguro nga, iyon ang dahilan kung bakit hanggang ngayon? Matatag pa rin ang relasyon nilang dalawa. And I'm grateful for that. Even though, Mom is strict at all times but I've learned all her words of wisdom. Not just about love, but also to teached you, how to love yourself even more."

My heart hurt. I know, I have done that before I flew here in New York.

Tumabi naman sa akin si Lily at hinaplos ang aking makintab na buhok.

"Kahit na nagkahiwalay na sila Tita Myra at Tito Greg. I know they will never forget their love for each other. Minahal rin naman nila ang isa't-isa. Atleast, sinubukan nila. They're not just meant for each other."

Bumuntong hininga na lamang ako, bago ako ngumiti sa kaniya.

Labag sa aking loob na umalis ako at iwan ang Pilipinas. Because I know, maiiwan ko ang puso ko. Hanggang ngayon, siya pa rin. Hindi siya nawala sa puso't-isipan ko, just for a second.

Kamusta na kaya siya? Siguro... kasal na 'yun sa ibang babae, probably his childhood best friend.

Ipinikit ko muna ang aking mga mata at dinama ko ang alaala nang kahapon.