Hasty Decision

JANESSA POV

Someone wipes my tears. Opening my eyes, I saw Cris in front of me. Smiling, I palm his cheek. ''you are a good person Cris. Live long'', getting down from the stool, I walk forward but suddenly Cris grabs my wrist and turned me back.

In a blink of eyes, I realize that I'm facing him face to face and he's just an inch away from me. His eyes were piercing straight onto mine. My heart is beating faster with his action. He was leaning forward to me and I flat my hand on his chest to stop whatever he wants to do right now.

Surprisingly he falls onto mine. His head was on my shoulder as he was mumbling something. I sighed. Slowly I walk him to his upstairs room and put him on his bed.

''Sleep well Cris'', when I about to walk, he grabs my hand. I turned to see him back.

''Maya'', he mumbled.

Maya? Who could it be?

Slowly I take back my hand. Viewing around, I shake my head seeing his mess room. He doesn't keep it clean at all. Everything scatters around.

''Oucchh'', I groaned in pain when I stepped onto something sharp. When I took out that sharp thing, Blood was flowing from my feet. ''Ring?'', I saw the top diamond of the ring was chipped off.

Is it expensive? Or maybe not.... Whatever it is, I need to give this ring to him tomorrow and explain it...

He doesn't wake up when I walked downstairs. Probably because of the alcohol he consumed yesterday. Rather than troubling him, I can take a Uber Car today.

During lunchtime, I walked to level 2 of my building to take out the food I ordered. While I was waiting, suddenly someone roughly grabbed my arm and turned me back.

''Cris?'', I was shocked seeing him in front of me.

''It's you isn't it?! You stole it! I knew from the beginning that you are bitch'', his voice attracted people around me.

''Cris, what are you doing?'', I whisper shouted at him.

He gripped my arm tightly and brought me out of the café. I groan since he pulls my arm roughly.

''God Cris, stop it! What are....'', he pushed me against the wall behind me as his eyes were firing. He is angry about something, but I didn't know what.

''Are you crazy Cris? I'm elder than you. You should give me some respect'', I stated angrily.

''Huh? Respect?'', suddenly his palm landed on my cheek. Holding my cheek, I looked up to him shockingly. Tears flow out on their own.

''Where the hell is my ring?'', he was staring at me furiously. Now I know why he makes such fuss like this. 

His ring... but.. do I deserve this?

''Cris, what the hell are you doing?'', Marlene came out from nowhere.

''I need my ring and I know she took it. It's my fault. I shouldn't let this bitch enter my house'', his words stinging my words like thousand of swords.

''Damn, Cris, you didn't even listen to my explanation!!'', Marlene looked angry. ''Jane gives your ring to me early morning when I back home that time'', she stated.

Cris lets his grip on my shoulder. Without looking at anyone, I walk out with a dead expression.

''she says she found this ring on the floor and she accidentally stepped onto it. She asked me to fix it for you. God Cris, you are too much!!'', she sounded disappointed.

I couldn't concentrate on my work and wished my office hours will end soon. When I was walking at the roadside, my leg stopped itself when I saw Cris in front of me.

''That was my precious ring'', he spoke. ''I...''

''you no need to explain anything to me'', I cut him off. ''Thanks to you I realize where I'm standing'', saying that, I walk forward but just after I pass through him, he grabs my wrist.

''See, things happened. You should have just given me that ring. It's just a misunderstanding'', he stated simply.

Without I realize, my palm crashed his perfect cheeks. He looked surprised by my action.

''you know what's wrong with you, Cris. You only think about yourself. You think you are right in everything. You think I took that ring. So, you treated badly. You throw those harsh words to me. Do you think I'm a stone-hearted person? Huh?'', I asked him angrily. 

''Unlike you, I have a heart. I was hurt when you said those things about me, I was devastated when you raised your hand to me... I was...'', my voice croaked. ''humiliated in front of those people... and you say just a misunderstanding?''

''Well done... for you, it's normal right? Anyway, who am I to your eyes? Just an ugly bitch!'', I glared at him angrily while dropping my tears. 

''my mother never hit me like you... and trust me, Cris, no one would stand for your character like this. Your character sucks. One day, when you turn back, there won't be anyone with include your shadows. Because you choose to live in that darkness by yourself!!'', taking out my hand from him, I walk out from him.

Marlene apologizes to me a thousand times on behalf Cris. I wanted to leave the house but since Marlene persuaded me, I couldn't say NO to her.

Since I cannot trouble Marlene as well as don't want to face Cris, I decided to search for a rental room nearby to my working place. 

**********************************

Damn, Cris spoiled again isn't it? 🤦‍♀️

Well, anyway, let's see what happens next....

Stay tune....