His touch

JANESSA POV

Clark and I were busy handlings for my department's party. Since the incident at Cris's house, I didn't encounter him anymore. He becomes distant.

On that party day, Cris instructed his workers to on the decoration and for the food. He looked stunning with his chef dress. Not only that, he was serious with his work.

''Cris, I need...''

''I think better you don't call me by my name'', he shuts me off. ''Mr. Cameron should be fine'', he said without turning to see me.

''Alright Mr. Cameron'', I pressed that word angrily. ''please arrange the food quickly. The guests are coming'', I instructed him before leaving him.

He's doing too much!

Everyone looked satisfied with the food as I heard many compliments. Finally, although it was tiring, I could finish this today. Cris was talking with Clark in front of me.

''Cris, I forgot to give you this letter. You received it in the afternoon but since you were busy, I forgot to give this to you'', Rachael hands over a letter to me.

Opening the letter, first strike pierced my heart. This is what I was feared. I sit on the chair behind me while crumpling the letter.

Why this must happen now....

My phone was ringing. It was from Coby. Walking out of the hall, I attended the call.

''you bastard!'', I said angrily.

''Well you didn't give me any options my dear'', he chuckled on the other side.

''Listen. You cannot take him from me. I'm begging you. Please'', I pleaded with him.

''then marry me'', his words hit me.

''I can't marry you damn it. Don't you understand this?'', I said frustratingly.

''You can always divorce him, my love. Marry me and everyone's life would be happier. I will give you one week to think about this'', he ends the call before I talk.

Shit shit shit....

When I see my phone's wallpaper, I couldn't stop being emotional. Lewis and I. Turning back, I jumped a little seeing Cris in front of me.

''What happened?'', his tone back to normal but I'm not in the mood to talk with anyone right now.

''Nothing'', saying that I walk past him.

No one is in the washroom when I entered. I locked the door and cried as much as I can silently. After washing my face, I back to the hall. I sit at a table alone while thinking about Coby's words. Everyone was enjoying the party. So, no one would realize about me.

Honestly, I was holding my tears. I should leave before someone realizes about me.

It was raining heavily outside and I was walking in the street without minding everything. Looking up to the sky, my anger covered me.

''Why you give me so much pain? I never did any sin to anyone. Then why?'', I cried but the rain washes off my tears.

Someone hugged me from behind as I was stunned for a moment. ''Stay still'', it was Cris's voice. I didn't do anything but cry in his arms.

He brought me to his house since it was raining heavily. I was shivering like hell due to the cold. Choky and Spotty were licking around my face.

''come. I will give you a towel and my shirt'', he stated. I followed him to his bedroom. ''use this'', he gives a towel to me.