Chapter 9: It Really was Perfect

"Come on sweetheart, we need to go to the Art Studio, I have a meeting in an hour" Tom said, grabbing Hazel's things.

"Coming" Hazel called.

They both raced each other to the car, Tom letting Hazel win of course before strapping her in and setting off.

When they arrived they were met by a warm friendly face.

"Hi" Harrison exclaimed when he saw Tom. Hazel went and put her bag away and Harrison saw this as an opportunity to kiss Tom quickly.

"Shit I have you to go!" Tom exclaimed quickly.

"Uh, I'll organise Harry to come get her" Tom said quickly.

"I can drop her home and wait with her if you like?" Haz offered and Tom smiled.

"Really? Thank you so much" Tom said, giving Haz another quick kiss.

"Pleasure" and Tom was off in a dash.

_________

Harrison taught the children about projecting your voice and how important is it to not make the end of your sentence quieter than the rest when you speak out loud. They all got to recite small parts from child plays and then they all got to choose another song for Harrison to sing at the end. Which was a song called "Adore you" by Harry Styles, and Haz couldn't help but think of Tom, the whole time. As he sat there playing the song smiling to himself.

After lessons had finished Harrison took Hazel home.

"Can you play me another song?" Hazel asked after a while of them playing snakes and ladders together.

"Of course, what song do you want me to play?" Haz asked.

"Perfect?" Hazel suggested. "Dad doesn't like it very much but maybe if you play it he'll like it, he seems to like everything you like. He even told me yesterday he liked eating cheese, and before you told him cheese was one of your favourite foods, he never liked cheese, there was even an interview where he refused to eat it" Hazel claimed, completely exposing her father.

Harrison laughed so hard, he cried and Hazel looked stunned.

"You have to show me that interview before I play you a song" Harrison noted, and Hazel nodded.

"What's it called?" Haz asked.

"I think it's called Snack wars, but make sure you put daddy's name in too" Hazel said.

The two watched the interview and indeed Hazel was right, Tom did turn down the cheese and "quote" he said "I don't really like cheese all that much, I'm not really that much of a fan of cheese" before saying "let's definitely skip that one" and "I'll always wonder who is the first person that went "yea I'll just try that bit of mouldy cheese" who was the first person that thought that was alright" and he picked it up to emphasis his point.

Harrison burst out laughing again, Tom's facial expressions were everything! The way he pulled faces and made noises when he didn't like something. Hazel was right, he really eliminated cheese in this video, so to have told Hazel he "liked it" yesterday obviously meant something.

Harrison wanted to watch more interviews of Tom mucking around, but he needed to play Hazel a song and he didn't want to seem like a stalker. He pulled out his guitar and started playing, before singing.

Hazel sat and watched in awe, meanwhile someone walked in at exactly the right time, but Haz didn't notice.
(I recommend you listen to the song as you read, it'll make it special)

I found a love for me
Darling, just dive right in
And follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Tom leaned against the door frame listening to him as he went.

'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
Darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Tom smiled, he didn't know how lucky he'd become. Harrison's voice sweet and fragile and he watched his daughters eyes light up as he expanded his voice.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

This was exactly what Tom imagined. Maybe he'd actually found someone this time.

Well, I found a woman, stronger than anyone I know
She shares my dreams, I hope that someday I'll share her home
I found a love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own

Tom had to fight back the tears as he listened to this gorgeous boy sing.

We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fightin' against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be my girl, I'll be your man
I see my future in your eyes
Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listenin' to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Harrison pretended he didn't know Tom was there. He could see him leaning against wall as he listened. This only made Harrison pour his heart out more as he sung.

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, we're listenin' to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
No, I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

Tom's smile was soft as he caught Harrison's eye contact. Harrison smiled as he sang. He really emphasised the "Now I know I have met an angel in person" and Tom smiled again. His heart burst. These two had hardly known each other for 6 months and they were already falling hard.

Tom clapped hard and so did Hazel. She ran up and hugged him and he chuckled.

It really was perfect.