Chapter 23

Word count: 576
Warnings: none

"How do you feel?" He asks "Not good" "Are you hurt?" "No but my ears hurt" "Take her to your room she needs to rest" Carlisle says.

Edward takes my hand and takes me up to his room, I'm glad I didn't die but Edward never told me how awful it would be to hear. I lay down on the bed next to Edward, he kisses my cheek. "This isn't normal, usually it's bearable to hear not this bad"

I hear Carlisle say "Give it time, it could be different" I hear Esme say then I hear a car alarm which is insane because we are miles away from any cars. I grab a pillow and shove my face into it covering my ears but I can still hear it perfectly.

"What's wrong?" Edward asks "That car alarm!" He stays silent "Has it stopped?" He asks "No! Can't you hear it?" "No, Y/n I can only hear cars on the highway I can't hear a car alarm"

"It's horrible, I can hear what the wolf pack are staying" "You can hear them?" "Yes! I think I can hear Jacob" "Y/n none of us can hear that far" "I hate this I want to be a human again" "I'm sorry Y/n, if I could I would reverse it."

Everyone assumed it would go on for a week maybe a couple at least but a month has passed and nothing has gotten better, I drink human blood from bags because I can't go out hunting yet and it's good for newborns.

I can't see my mum because I can risk killing her, I haven't left the room in a month and the noises are irritating.

"Edward I can't take it anymore, I can't live like this." "Carlisle is speaking to Sam Uley and we are reading into anything we can, we are trying our hardest Y/n if you could just try hard to stay sane that would help a lot. I know how strong you have been."

"Edward stay with me" "I've got to help Carlisle with research" "Please? I need you right now" "Okay" I lay with him cuddled up, he plays with my hair.

Not sleeping has been weird, usually I'd be tired by 11pm and now I'm staying up all night and day, it's much quieter at night which is peaceful.

A week later I stepped out of Edward's room for the first time in a month to go meet up with the wolves.

Sam meets us on our land "Have you figured it out?" He asks "We believe she is a vampire with the senses of wolf and Vampire"

"Are you suggesting she is a wolf and Vampire? As in a hybrid?" "No I am saying she is a Vampire with heightened smell, hearing, speed and strength"

"You mean you created the strongest vampire to exist?" "Yes but she is technically neither a vampire or a wolf so I want you to be willing to let us call her a vampire"

"She could be apart of our pack" Sam suggests "She can't shift" "Who knows what she could do if she started hanging out with the pack."

"I'm right here and I want to stay with Edward, he's my boyfriend and I am not leaving him. All I want is to be able to manage this, my hearing is going crazy, I can hear conversations from tens of miles away."