Chapter 1

Kageyama's POV

"No. No. No. Definitely, no."

"Your highness... your parents are expecting you to find a bride within the year..! And you have refused every single one."

"So."

"...Nothing, your highness. I will continue looking, please have a good day." I sighed, watching the servant leave. After they were gone, I looked back down at the pictures of all the different girls, and a few guys, that my parents told me to review. I was glad that they accepted the fact I told them I was also interested in guys, but I didn't like that I was being rushed to find someone to marry so fast.

Ugh, even though I didn't want any of these people, I still had to attend the stupid ball my parents were hosting tonight. And all of these people would be here and I'd have to meet them.

Time Skip to that Evening

Bored. It was, really boring here. I already met all the potential brides or grooms, and just like I thought. I still didn't want any of them. My mother and father were sitting at their thrones and greeting all kinds of guests and other important people or something. I'd normally hide in my room after greeting who I had to, but my dad is making me stay just in case I find someone. Yeah right, as if that would happe-

"Ouch! A-Ah! I'M SO SORRY!" I opened my eyes, now lying on the floor with a smaller boy on top of me. He scrambled to get up, looking like he was gonna cry as he tried to help me up. I looked down at my clothes, now soaked and stained with expensive wines that I couldn't even drink.

"Oh my Go- I-I am so sorry you're the prince-! H-here let me-"

"What happened here." I and the boy looked over at the head butler of our castle, Daichi. The boy bowing and profusely apologizing for messing up as Daichi sighed gently.

"Hinata, enough. You and I will talk later. For now, please take the prince back to his room so he may change."

"Y-yes sir!"

Hinata's POV

Oh my god oh my god oh my god I just dropped wine and drinks all over the prince I'm gonna get fired surely. WHAT IF I GET EXILED-

"Oi, do you even know where you're going."

"Huh? Oh! I mean, er... no.." I stuttered embarrassed. I was supposed to be leading the prince back to his room.. butttttt, I have no idea where it was. He sighed, taking the lead as I sheepishly followed. I did my best to memorize where his room was in case this were to happen again, well, if I didn't get fired immediately after tonight that is.

I opened the door for the prince, trying to not stare at his room as he stepped inside. Woah, it was giant. Definitely a LOT nicer than the servant's quarters. After the prince was inside, I stood there awkwardly. Not entirely sure what to do.

"Hey, come help me."

"R-right, I mean yes, your highness..!" I said, rushing over quickly. The prince instructed me to undo his shirt for him. Gee, was this guy that spoiled that he was having his servants undress and dress him. Without saying anything, I quietly did as I was told, keeping my eyes on my fingers as I undid each button on the previously pure white shirt.

"So, your name is Hinata."

"Yes sir. Er- your highness."

"You're new, aren't you. You better learn quickly from Daichi and the others."

"I will your highness, I promise and I am so sorry for the incident!" I said honestly, feeling guilty. I'd feel guilty if I knocked over anyone with a tray of wine glasses in my hand, but this was the prince of our entire town! He just clicked his tongue, slipping his arms out of the sleeves and giving me the wine drenched shirt.

"Go give that to Suga to wash." He said, getting up and walking over to his closet. I nodded, giving a quick bow before rushing off to the laundry room where Suga was busy ironing extra napkins for tonight's dinner that would follow the ball.

"Hi, Hinata. Daichi told me what happened."

"Yeah.. I really messed up." I mumbled, giving him the shirt. Suga got to work, washing the stains out with a sigh.

"You'll learn. It's a lot to take in on your first day."

"But what if I get fired!"

"You do know Daichi is in charge of hiring and firing, right?"

"Yeah, but he isn't gonna want to deal with me after tonight..!"

"You don't know Daichi very well. He's actually very patient and kind. Besides, I'll make sure he doesn't fire you."

"Huh? You can do that?"

"Well, I can convince him. Don't worry about it, you aren't going anywhere. Could you please take over ironing the napkins." He asked with a smile. I nodded, sighing as I worked on the white linen napkins.

"Suga, how long have you worked here?"

"A long time. I was here when the prince was little. Well, littler."

"How old is he??"

"18."

"So, you were here when he was...?"

"I do believe he was 10."

"And you are how old..?"

"25."

"Woah, so you started working here at like, my age?"

"Mhm. I was 17. But are you not 18 as well?"

"I am, I turned 18 not to long ago."

"I see. Don't worry about tonight's mess-up. I made similar mistakes on my first day. You learn quick. And Daichi and I, and everyone else, will be here to help you."

"Thank you so much, Suga. I was worried when I heard there was going to be a ball on my first night!"

"As I said, it is a lot to take in on your first day. Balls are normally held only on special events or holidays."

"Oh, so, what's tonight's ball for then?"

"For the prince. He is looking for someone to marry."

"Really???"

"Well, that's what the king and queen have asked. But our young prince just hasn't found the right one yet."