chapter 8- mail

*the next day*

On our way to herbology fred George and I caught up to ginny in the hallway.

"Hey gin!" I yelled down the hall.

She turned around and gave me a faint smile.

"I told fred to take the night off and hang out with George today, wanna go  shopping? Fred wants me to come to the burrow with you all for Christmas and I want to get an idea of what to get you all."

She gave me another faith smile "alright but I dont want to be out too late." I hugged her as we got into class. We walked to the back of the dimly lit classroom and took a seat.

"Alright everyone, listen up. Today we are going to the green house to work with mandrake root. Remeber, when handling mandrake root, you must wear earmuffs." Professor Sprout announced.

Fred elbowed me "I bet Neville will pass out again" I tried to choke back a laugh.

We walked to the green house, it was a beautiful day outside. It was the first snow of the season. I loved the way the snow looked, but the cold wasn't my thing.

Knowing this, fred threw a huge snowball at me. I laughed as I shivered from the cold snow hitting my arm. I grabbed more snow and threw it back at him, he ducked. Next thing I knew it head George right in the face.

"Ohhh torie so thats how this is gonna go." He said throwing a snow ball back at me. All of the sudden the entire class broke out into a giant snowball fight. I was getting hit with snow from every direction. Fred, ginny, and george were all throwing snow at me now. I ducked and ran past the snow balls when I felt a farmiliar hand grab my arm and pull me into a hidden stairwell outside.

"Nice distraction huh?" I look up to see fred looking down at me with his arms pinned on both sides of my body with my back to the wall.

"Yes Weasley it was" I had a huge smile on my face.

"So, you still want to write mum that your coming home with me for Christmas?" You could tell he hoped I hadn't changed my mind.

"Yes, I was going to write my mother today to let her know I'd be going with you if you still wanted me."

"Of course i still want you to come is that even a question?" He looked me in the eyes and kissed me. I'd never get tired of the feeling of his lips on mine. He continued to kiss me until the snowball fight died down.

"Alright class let's get to the green house before class is up" Professor Sprout shouted over the laughter.

"Guess we better get going, we will continue this later" fred winked then leaned down to kiss me again. He grabbed my hand as we ran to catch up to the rest of the class.

In the green house there were ten pots with mandrake root in front of us.

"Partner up, grab the root by the bottom and pull!" Sprout yelled.

Ginny and I paired up and fred went with George. They took the root next to us on the right and Ron and Harry to the left. Hermione got stuck with Neville. Ginny and I pulled ours out quickly and efficiently. Fred and George did the same, but they messed with it a little bit. Suddenly a loud ear piercing shriek filled the room and Neville hit the ground. Out cold. 

Sprout ran over to Neville who was as pale as a ghost. "alright class dismissed." She announced.

Everyone left the room excitedly.

"Lets go write to our mums now that we have a minuet!" Fred was so excited, and that made me excited.

**