chapter 16- christmas without him

~the picture is the promise ring from freddie~

I woke up in a sudden wave of sadness and confusion. I looked around frantically trying to find fred, nothing. There was no trace of him anywhere. His cloths were packed in boxes in the corner of our room while his sweater Molly made him last Christmas hung over the back of the chair in the corner of the room.

It was cold and dark, the window was cracked open slightly letting the cold winter air whistle through chilling the room. I got up slowly walking over to the window to close it. I threw on slippers and a hoodie before walking down to the den. Knowing fred he'd probably gone downstairs to look at presents being its Christmas morning.

The floor boards creaked under my feet letting out a screeching sound with every step. The sound rang through the halls empty and dull.

Something was wrong, I could feel it. The burrow was so drained of life it was haunting.

I walked into the kitchen to see Molly and george sitting around the kitchen, Molly had been crying, george clearly trying to comfort her.

"Oh im sorry dear, its just been a hard night." Molly said wiping her face. George smiled up at me weakly.

"Where's fred he wasn't in bed id thought he'd came down here but-" my sentence was cut short as george and mollys face dropped.

"Oh sweetheart, were you having dreams of fred again." Molly said grabbing my hand lightly.

"Again what do you-"

George turned to me now and spoke softly."Torie, freds been gone for a few months now. You know that."

"Gone I don't understand." I felt sick, I had no idea what was going on.

"He passed away saving you for your sister remember. You've been having nightmares for weeks now." George whispered pulling himself to his feet.

I felt a pit grow boldly in my stomach. Suddenly bending over and throwing up on myself, I felt tears streaming down my face as everything moved slowly around me.

I sat down at the table as Molly helped clean me up.

I grabbed her hand pulling the rag away from my face I looked up, pain glowing brightly in her eyes. "Is he actually gone."

"Im sorry dear, I know you loved him and he loved you, but sadly life has a way of taking things from us when we need them the most." Molly stuttered as she spoke tears streaming down her face.

Once I was cleaned up I slowly walked back to my room hardly registering I was moving. I crawled into my cold and empty bed crying as I gripped tightly to what was once freds pillow.

**

Feeling arms grip tightly around me i shot up screaming, I let out a gut wrenching cry, soaking my face with tears. Fred sat up quickly next to me with worry beaming from his eyes.

"Hey, hey whats wrong baby? Its alright just breathe." Fred pushed a strand of hair out of my face wiping my tears with his thumb.

I brought my hands swiftly up to his face running my thumbs over his jaw and lips making sure he was really there. I sat there in silence for a minute studying his gorgeous face.

I quickly jumped onto him wrapping my whole body around him sniffling into his neck. He place his right hand on the back of my neck and head and the other wrapped tightly around my waist.

"I- I'm, I'm so sorry" I cried desperately once again latching tighter onto him. "You were gone, your were gone and you left me"

"Shh, Sweetheart im right here, im not leaving." Fred whispered into my ear pressing his lips to the side of my head holding me tightly. I heard him let out a small chuckle.