- 𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2 -

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING⚠︎︎
⚠︎︎Violence, and mention of Domestic violence⚠︎︎
☁︎︎

⚠︎︎TRIGGER WARNING⚠︎︎⚠︎︎Violence, and mention of Domestic violence⚠︎︎☁︎︎

☁︎︎
February 2009

There's no easy explanation for why you stayed with Taylor for so long, especially since you had the ability to fight him off.

There were definitely factors to why you stayed. You stayed out of fear that he'd do something bad... You stayed because you were so used to abuse that there was no point in trying to escape it... You stayed because you were terrified of being alone, you were scared of yourself.

It might not make sense in the minds of people who have never been through it, but it made sense to you.

You barely slept that night. Taylor climbed into bed at around 3 am, which was your cue to get up.

You couldn't feel comfortable with him anymore, you hadn't felt comfortable with him for a very long time.

Walking into the bathroom, you took a shower, washed your face to remove all the smudged makeup off your cheeks then you began getting ready for the new day.

You started by doing your makeup, you always found that if your face looked good, then people rarely focused on anything else.  You even styled your hair slightly differently to keep the attention on your face.

For clothes, you threw on a turtle neck jumper and tucked it into your black pants. The turtle-neck hid the big purple handprint mark on your neck.

You didn't have any food in the fridge, and god knows where Taylor put your card, so you had to go without food for the day.

Once you got into work you sat at your desk and began to read your book, you were at least 3 hours early, but anything was better than staying at home.

Well, you tried to read, but all you could focus on was being choked the night before, every time Taylor laid a finger on you, it would trigger memories from your childhood, and soon you'd find yourself in a deep dark depressing state.

"Hey" came the voice of Spencer from behind you.

"Hi, you're here early" you mentioned watching him take a seat opposite you.

"I'm only 30 minutes early. You're also early" Spencer pointed out.

"Yeah, I-uh... Uh- I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep" you lied, unfortunately, Spencer could see straight through the lie, yet he didn't say anything about it.

"That happens to me a lot... How long have you been here then?" Spencer asked.

"I don't know" You lied again.

"Are you ok? You seem-- I don't know-- You seem slightly different." Spencer mentioned sweetly.

"I'm fine" You mumbled clearing your throat awkwardly.