Chapter 16

You woke up the next morning still on his chest. You looked up and saw Spencer was still sleeping. You smiled at the memory of last night and you started to trace light circles on his bare skin.

"Hey." He rubbed your back.

"You're awake." You rolled your entire body on his, slightly wincing.

"Are you okay?" His tone was calm and concerned.

"Yeah, it's just my hips." You were practically whispering at this point.

When Doug did his things to you, he never cared how you felt the next day. You always woke up in pain and you dealt with it by taking pills and trying to hold yourself together to get through the day. That was your way of thinking, just get through today.

Now, you thought about your future. A future with Spencer and your team. A future that did not involve Doug.

He gently placed his hands on your hips and started to lightly rub them in a circular motion. You moved your arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips before burying your head deep into his chest. He giggled and placed his head right above yours.

You two stayed like that for awhile, his soft large hands soothing your pain.

"I know this is out of the blue and, well, probably not the best time but.." He stopped himself. You picked your head up and squinted your eyes.

"What is it?"

"I just wanted to bring it up and I don't know, have you think about it.." His voice faded out again.

"What?" You chuckled.

"Do you want to move in together? Maybe buy a house. I know it's too early or maybe soon, I'm uhm.. not really good at this." He nervously laughed.

"Like you said, we learn together right?" He nodded. "I'd love to." You smiled. He leaned down and kissed your forehead.

"I just wanted you to know, wherever we live, it doesn't matter. Home is wherever I am with you." He looked down at you. "Home is a person. You. Being wrapped in your arms, laughing with you, smiling with you, holding you. You're my safe place, you make time stop. I never knew home could be a person until I met you. You make me feel better, you make the pain stop. Spence.." You looked up at him and he turned his head waiting for you to finish.

You nervously played with the chain still wrapped around his neck.

"I love you."

He moved his hands to your back and held onto you tighter, smiling.

"I love you too y/n." He then gave you a long passionate kiss on your lips. When he broke away he played with your hair.

You finally said it. You finally understood what love was.

—————

A few weeks later you bought a 1788 sq. ft. one story modern farmhouse. It had 3 bedrooms,
2 full bathrooms, a 2-car garage, large covered terrace, and 10' ceilings in the living room. The backyard had a porch with a covered wall. It faced the direction the sun would rise, just what you wanted. You also had an in-ground pool in the back.

The basement held a bedroom and an additional half bathroom Derek helped build. You wanted a nice house that could maybe one day support a family.

You had a housewarming party and everyone came over. You all drank and spent the night messing around in the new neighborhood like little kids. Even Hotch accepted some of the crazy dares you all came up with, one of them knocking on the neighbors door and asking if they had an umbrella. He looked disheveled and crazy asking for an umbrella in the cool crisp night. You all found it hysterical.