patches☁️

hi.
.•.•.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.••.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•.•

Dream sat on the grass next to the creek, his shoes and socks off, dipping his feet into the water, he saw the same stray cat that lived here, he named her patches. "Hello patches." Dream smiled. Patches meowed. He often brought her food, he was going to eventually take her home. "You hungry?" He smiled at her.

She meowed in agreement, Dream got her bowl out and poured food into it, Patches thankfully ate the food, before laying down next to his legs. "wanna meet one of my friends patches?" Dream asked. Patches meowed in agreement, "I'll tell you about him more before he gets here. Let me text him." Patches laid back down.

Sapnap

you: hey sapnap, can you come by the creek today?

Sapnap: typing...
Sapnap: sure! I'll be there soon. See you there :))

Dream put his phone down reaching his hand to pet patches, she purred at the touch of the kind man. The two waited for Dreams friend to arrive.

"Wanna know more about him patches?" Dream asked turning to look at patches.
meow

"He's wonderful, he's been one of my best-friends forever." Dream was about to start ranting "He loves cats too! He's gonna obsess over you and questioning me on things to make sure your okay." Dream started laughing. "I love sapnap. A lot."

Patches raised her ear and meowing "not like that patches.. maybe like that, but besides the point!"

Patches sat up jumping into his lap. Sitting down, looking into his eyes. "meow." 

"Patches you know I can't understand you, but thanks for trying." He pulled out a hand to pet her when she jumped off his lap running down a path, "patches?" Dream for up running after her.

"Patches?" Dream called out to her he walked the trail checking every other bush for her. "Oh hello!" He heard a voice call out from down the path. Sapnap! "Sapnap?" I say running up to the noise.

Patches was rubbing up on sapnaps legs jumping up to reach his hands. He watched as sapnap kneeled down and petted her. "Oh hi dream, is this your cat?" He asked.
"Sorta." I shrugged walking up to him. "I'm glad you could come." I patted patches.
"Of course!" He smiled.
"Oh yeah, and this is patches. My kind of cat"
"Kind of?" He asked
"Well she's not mine, but I like to treat her like it."
"Oh. Do you feed her?"
I nodded

We talked more about patches before we got back to the creek where we'd hand out.

"So, what have you been up to?" He asked me sitting down next to me. Which patches instantly laid down between the two of us.

"Nothing really, everything's just going fine." I said.
"Ah, that's good to hear." He smiled at me reaching a hand down to pet patches. "How long have you known patches?"

"Since I figured out about this place honestly, a little after, she came trotting up to me. All cuddly and loving, and still she's the same." I told him looking down to patches.

"I love cats." He said randomly. Looking over to me and back at patches.

"I love you." I said.

"Huh?" He looked shocked.

"I love you too Dream, you're the best friend I have!"

"No sapnap.." I said after a few seconds of silence. "I love you. Not like friends, like lovers, sapnap- I love you. I know this is really random, and I understand that. You don't have to respond right now, we can pretend that this didn't happen and we can go on with our day, I don't expect an answer. I just needed to tell you.. and get it off my chest." I sighed.

"really?.." sapnap responded after a minute of processing what I just told him.

"you love me?"

I nodded.

"I love you too." He smiled picking up patches. "Possibly almost as much as I love
Patches." He joked.

hate this chapter, woohooooo 👹