CHAPTER FIFTY

OK! It's short again, but here you go!

CHAPTER FIFTY

Santana ran down the stairs two steps at a time. The first person she thought of was her father. He would know something, about where her mate was. As she got down stairs, her brother walked in through the front door looking sweaty.

“Hey, have you seen Nova around Lupita?”

“First, don’t call me that. And second, no I haven’t seen him. Go ask dad,” he ran into the kitchen looking excited to eat.

She sighed as she walked out the front door. Looking around the town, everything seemed to be fine. Nothing was out of place.

*Hey dad, do you know where Nova is?*

*He hasn’t come back yet. So there must be a problem with his truck. Don’t worry baby girl,* he tried to calm her down.

Biting down her bottom lip, she nodded to herself. “Yea, that’s just what probably happened. Her stomach tightened in pain as she knew something wasn’t right.

*Nova, are you alright? I’m worried!* she called out to him.

No reply.

“Shit!” she growled.

She knew where to go. Running down the street to the training field, she saw Hadyn fighting off another pack member. Her ‘ex’ friend looked over at her, glaring.

“Have you heard from Nova?” she asked ignoring the looks she was getting.

“Not since the party,” she shook her head angrily at Santana.

“Because he said he would be here last night, but didn’t show up. And now I can’t get through to him.”

Hadyn snorted “Maybe because he found a better mate?”

Santana tackled her in rage. “You bitch! He’s mine. If he ever went with another woman I’d tare her throat out!” she screamed loudly creating a scene.

Tate pulled her off and threw her across the field. “Don’t you ever try to harm my mate!” he yelled. She could tell he held himself back from pulverizing her.

“Have you at least heard from him?!” she cried out, the tears falling down.

“No,” Tate said quietly.

It was late at night and Nova still hadn’t returned. Santana occupied herself, training most of the day to ignore the nagging feeling that didn’t seem to go away from the pit of her gut. She was sitting on her bed, worrying about her mate. Was he hurt? She didn’t even want to think about him in a difficult situation. It was torturous.

“Ugh, I can’t take this anymore!” she cried out in frustration.

Go for a walk. It’ll calm you down. You know if you just go out and shift, you’ll feel a whole lot better.

*I don’t feel like it.*

Aweh, come on. I need it.

*I’ll go for a walk,* she mumbled.

The floor creaked as she took each step towards the pack house front door. When she got out, the cool air calmed her down. It was nice. She continued to walk down the street, looking up at the sky. The stars shone brightly, like little shiny diamonds.

Each step felt heavy, and parts of her body felt sort of pained. Her eyes narrowed at that. It was intense. Her wrists felt on fire, and internal organs suddenly felt like they were being cooked from the inside. She screamed loudly, but then the finale came.

Her heart felt like it was ripped out from the inside. She gasped. Her voice couldn’t even come out as the pain was so horrendous. Her whole body shook, and then she heard someone screaming like a maniac. Who was screaming?

Then she realized it was her…

The last thing she remembered was the pack members surrounding her distraught body, and Troy cradling her in his arms.

“Shh, baby. It’s okay. You’re going to be okay,” he soothed her.

Her mind drifted off into complete and utter darkness.

END OF CHAPTER FIFTY