CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEEN  

Damon’s POV:

He sat at the table, watching Nova leave with Santana to her bedroom. It infuriated him. He always had a possessive side which ate at him each minute that she was away with the man who thought she was already his mate. Imagining Nova touching her caused his blood to boil and his heart to beat rapidly. Tasting blood, he realized he was biting his bottom lip. Was he that mad? It stunned him. Embry spoke at that moment.

Are you serious? Why don’t you do something about it? I also don’t want Sage to be taken. I’m ready to shift at this moment and attack that bastard.

Damon closed his eyes. Feeling a hand touch his shoulder he saw Chloe’s concerned expression. “Are you alright?” she whispered. He shook his head. “I can’t stand this.”

“What should I do Chloe? I’m so mad.” he asked desperately.

She just shrugged. “I’m not sure Beta. But from the looks of it, you’re in her heart already.”

“I don’t think so. She always pushes me away at the sweetest moments.” It tore at him thinking how she pushed him away. But today, she kissed him. He smiled.

Suddenly, Nova’s growl thundered throughout the house. It was loud, extremely loud. Almost sounded strangled and like he was about to kill. Jumping out of his chair he ran for her room. Would he really hurt her? He saw her backing away towards the door, frightened. Embry wanted to pounce on Nova for making her scared. What the hell is wrong with him all the time?!

“The whole house heard you growl. What’s your problem Nova?” he snarled at him. It was getting harder and harder to not shift and fight him. His body started shaking in rage, but he held it off.

     “You ever touch my woman again, and I’ll kill you.” Damon saw Nova’s red face, and clenched fists. He must be feeling the same way. He swallowed. “What am I doing?” he thought to himself. But then he felt his primitive urges risen, and knew what was right. He wanted so bad to retort that she wasn’t his, and will never be. But that would just end up breaking their friendship completely. He’d also have a big fight on his hands, a fight with the top Alpha in the country.

Why?!

Walking out into the kitchen, he saw Chloe and Troy standing nervously watching Nova forcefully holding Santana’s hand. Damon almost growled. She’s MINE! Nova must have sensed his thoughts, as his eyes flashed at him angrily.

“Why are you still here? Get the fuck out!” he yelled at in his Alpha voice making Damon feel like trash.

“What the hell? Damon’s staying, you get out!” Santana screamed making Damon feel extremely happy. He wanted to mate with her, make love. By God, he was panting!

It must have been loud, as Nova pushed Santana away, gently but it made Damon mad. But before he could do anything, Nova punched him repeatedly. The first punch, felt like a car had hit him. It was so fast, every single punch he couldn’t even see it coming. Santana’s yelps and shouts caused him to pay attention. He managed to head butt Nova in the stomach, crashing against the wall. Punching, strangling, and kicking. It went on for who knows how long.  Suddenly Santana stepped between them hastily. She turned to him. *Go. I don’t want you both fighting. Just do as he says and go downstairs.*

When it came from her, he didn’t hesitate to listen. He smiled to himself, knowing that she didn’t want to see him hurt. “One point for me!” he thought.

Damn, Sage is fine. Sexy little wolf tush. He started panting.

*We’re in over our heads, aren’t we Embry?* he laughed.

Pretty much so…Still panting.

Damon sighed. Turning on the flat screen TV, he switched through the channels. All he thought about was Santana upstairs with…Nova. The anger still ate at him.

END OF CHAPTER FOURTEEN