Chapter 16

Today were all going swimming again. I raced Zach to the water and lost, of course.

"Chicken fights anyone?" Daniel asked.

"Yes!" We all yelled.

"I'll take Zach." Jonah says.

"I'll take Jack." Daniel says.

"And I get you." Corbyn puts his arms around me.

Everyone got ready to fight.

"Okay on my mark! 3...2...1...GO!" Jack yelled.

Corbyn and I went for Jack and Daniel. Which we were fighting Zach and Jonah came over and started attacking us. After a struggle we finally got Jack and Daniel in the water. But sadly Zach knocked me off of Corbyn's when I wasn't looking

We all started laughing and played a few more rounds then just swam around.

                      Corbyn's point of view

I saw Chloe talking to Jonah and knew this was the perfect opportunity to scare her. I quietly swam up behind her then tapped on her shoulder but right before she turned around I went under the water. And because it was getting late the water was darker so she couldn't see me.

                     Chloe's point of view

I felt something hit my shoulder, but when I turned around I didn't see anything. I started talking to Jonah again.

"So are you guys going to go public?" He asked me.

"Yeah we said when we are home he is going to tell the limelights." I said with a smile.

Then I felt somethings tapping me again. I turned around to see nothing, again.

"So have you gotten a chance to come up with any song ideas?" I asked him.

"Yeah I have a couple pretty cool toons I recorded on my phone. And I've seen the others do the same thing." He answered.

"That's great." I said.

I felt the tap one more thing.

"What is that?!" I turned around.

"BOO!" Corbyn yelled.

"AHHH!" I screamed.

Jonah and Corbyn both started laughing their butts off.

"Not funny!" I playfully hit Corbyn in the chest.

"It's okay you still love me right?" He put his arm around me and kissed the side of my head.

"Of course." I turned and kissed his lips.

It started getting cold so we all got out and walked back to camp.

"You wanna sit and watch the stars?" Corbyn asked everyone.

"That sounds like fun! We could lay out some blankets and pillows." I said.

We all laid down and looked at all of the beautiful shining stars dancing in the sky.

Sitting next to him reminded me of the night Corbyn told me he liked me. And about how he told me all about himself.  I smiled thinking about how much that one night has changed everything.

I told Corbyn I was cold so he pulled me closer to him.

His warmth made me start to drift off to sleep.

"I love you Chloe, you are my shining star." He whispered in my ear right before I sleep asleep completely.

"Hey Chloe we need to go to the tent

"Hey Chloe we need to go to the tent." Corbyn whispers and helps me stand up.

We walk over to the tent which was kinda far from where we were laying.

Right when we got to the tent I realized I had dropped one of the pillows.

"Hey I dropped something I will be right back." I said and started walking away.

"Do you need me to come help you?" Corbyn asked.

"No I'll be fine." I yelled to him and kept walking.

I looked and looked for my pillow then finally found it all the way back where we were sitting.

I started walking back but stopped when I heard something in the trees up ahead of me.

I shined my light and say a pair of big yellow eyes staring right at me.