Chapter 34:

Corey looked around the kitchen, rubbing his arm gently.

Joey smiled awkwardly "welcome back." He said before going over to the coffee pot

Corey nodded.

He wasnt sure how to feel.

On one hand he felt he came home way too early. Way too out his comfort zone to feel comfortable and safe.

On the other, he wanted to go back to the guest room and hide.

He missed Jim's house already. And Jim's calming sweet aura. The aura of someone who was never mad. Never never to hit him or hurt him. He missed Jim's dog and Jim himself.

He looked round to see the door to the guest room. All the memories of that day sat in his mind.

He still couldnt believe it.

But Joey was right.

It pained him to think but no one has bad things happen more than once unless they asked for it.

He cringed.

"Look corey." Joey turned around leaning on the side "it's been hard for me too without you here. I missed you a lot. I do love you." Joey sighed "I shouldnt have said what I did. I'm honeslty so sorry. I was insensitive. I was a dick."

Corey nodded "yeah. You were."

Joey faulted...he didnt expect corey to agree.

"Uh...yeah. but I need to know...are we...are we still a...well an item?"

Corey blinked "I dont know."

"Oh...I thought you would know."

Corey shook his head shyly

"You should decide." corey said "I get I'm...I'm dirty. Hell I'm slutty. And emotion wise god." Corey felt himself feeling more emotion than he was prepared for "I'm hard to deal with. I'm annoying. I'm negative. I'm not a happy person. I'm angry. I'm a enigma who wants to watch the world burn."

"Corey....you're not that slutty." Joey said

Corey took turn to falter, he looked down and tried to block the emotions out.

That slutty?

Joey really thought corey was a slut?

But what was corey complaining about? It was true.

"But I also dont want to make you uncomfortable." Joey shook his head "you decide."

Corey sighed heavily "the thing is...I feel like I could do a lot better."

Joey went wide eyed. He felt his heart chip slightly. But maybe that was from guilt. Corey was right after all. Joey had ripped out Corey heart and stamped on it right in front of the mans very eyes.

Corey shook his head "but I dont deserve a lot better. I dont even deserve better. Hell I dont deserve you."

"Corey. No dont. I've been horrible. You can say-"

"Joey...I love you. Okay. It hurts to say at the moment. But I do. But please. Please understand that. I'm trying to let it go. But you broke. Shattered. My heart. Or well what was left." Corey looked up "but I dont want anyone else. Somehow in some dark twisted way. I only want you."

"You want to-"

"Yes..."

"Even though-"

"Even though."

Joey smiled softly "that means a lot."

"Yeah well I want to sleep in the spare bedroom for a few days..." Corey said sadly.