The Damned, part two

2. As they continued their travels through one of the massive boreholes, Ennio was drawn into the sounds and clinks of a tavern dug into the side of the solid rock like many of the surrounding edifices. Maybe Hell was not as bad as it seemed. Vico and Ilaria followed him inside to find many a raving pirate folk drinking, gambling and chanting shanties on the thick wooden stools and tables.

 At the center of the crowd came the holler of a familiar voice: Giancarlo the pirate, who had been reunited with many of his old crew members. Giancarlo himself elaborated to the three on how he may have killed some people during raids in his younger days as a master of the seas, but Ennio offered him a way out as he and his company were planning to get out of Hell. Giancarlo declined the invitation, rather preferring to stay down with his crew, singing, playing and drinking the night away rather than eternal torture and punishment.

 The trio walked on through the vastness of Hell, eventually coming across a woman playing a beautiful harp beside a flaming fire fall. Upon further inspection, it turned out to be Nonna Piazza, a face Ennio was certainly glad to see. He did not understand why such an innocent old lady would belong down in the realm of the world's scum. She was known to have had some dirty dealings back in the human world, the big mistake being her mass underground gun making machine, as many a soul had died by the hands of her firearms, earning her a one-way ticket downstairs. Nonna was offered passage back to life courtesy of Team Hero, and unlike Giancarlo before her, she accepted the proposition to return to the human world.