twenty six

expecto patronum

expecto patronum

Veronica Riddle was an excellent student in all subjects, she only had O's, but her favourite one was Defence Against the Dark Arts. She was very familiar with Dark Magic herself, so the subject was rather easy.

"Good morning class" at the sound of the Professor's voice Veronica quit gossiping with Narcissa ans focused on the lesson "Today we will learn a very powerful charm, useful for protection. The patronus Charm"

So much for liking Defence Against the Dark Arts.

"Can anyone of you tell me what the Patronus Charm is? Riddle perhaps" At the sound of her name being called Veronica froze.

"Uhm...the Patronus Charm is like a spirit guardian, it protects against very powerful Dark forces such as dementors. It takes form of an animal that shared the deepest affinity with you" she replied nervously

"Very good, ten points to Slytherin!" The proffesor called out and began with the lesson

Veronica knew everything about patronuses, but mostly that no one in her family could conjure one. They had too much darkness inside them for that.

The Defence Against the Dark Arts Professor explained everything to conjure the patronus. You had to think of your happiest, deepest memory.

"Okay plase, stand up and try. Remember yo have to say Expecto Patronum"

The whole stood up and after a lot of tries most students could see a bright silver light emerging from their wands. The most skilled conjured corporeal patronuses and the rest just incorporeal one, either way they did conjure one.

But she wasn't the only one standing ackwardly in the room without any source of light surrounding her. Most of the Slytherin house did too.

Veronica looked at Sophia and the white swan moving around her. Theodore Nott had a big serpent emerging from his wand, Veronica smiled at him when she saw his proud smile. But Lucius and Narcissa just looked at her, they couldn't conjure a patronus either.

A loud bark suddenly made the Slytherin turn around to see Sirius Black's patronus, a dog.

Padfoot

Then she looked at James and the big and magnificent deer next to him.

Prongs

Next to him Peter Pertigrew had just conjure his own patronus, a rat.

Wormtail