twenty seven

home

home

Veronica Riddle's sixth year at Hogwarts ended quicker than she wanted. She had to go home now, her worst nightmare.

She was putting all her clothes and belongings inside her suitcase when a piece of bright red fabric caught her attention. She didn't own anything red.

That was James Potter's Quidditch jersey.

Veronica put it on top of her bed so she remembered to give it back to the boy when she had finished packing. She was alone in her room now with Narcissa helping Lucius pack, Ophelia trying to help Lucius pack too and Sophia taking a shower, but suddenly she heard a soft knock on her door.

The young Riddle opened the door but found no one on the other side and just as she was about to close it something stopped the door and when Veronica turned around she faced her favourite Gryffindor.

"What are you-

Just as she was asking James what was he doing in there he opened the door fully and closed it after he let himself in.

"Yeah, of course you can come in" Veronica said sarcastically

"Sorry, I just pranked Snivellus and heard him running down the hall" James explained and just in that moment they heard someone yelling from the distance

"POTTER!"

Veronica and James both laughed at how desperate Snape seemed yelling from the common room.

"I don't even want to know what you did" Veronica laughed "How did you get in here?" She then asked him. It was easy accessing the Slytherin Common Room but once you were inside you were dead if someone saw you

"This" he proudly showed her his invisibility cloak

"No way!" Veronica exclaimed recognising what it was "You have an invisibility cloak! That's so cool" she exclaimed excitedly

Veronica had seen the cloak before when Slytherin held a party and the marauders decided to prank then but were caught by Veronica. She was clearly too drunk to remember.

James nodded at her and proceeded to look around the room. It was so different from Gryffindor, everything was either black or dark green and it had an aura of grandiosity and power.

"I guess that's your bed" he pointed smirking to the bed with his Quidditch jersey on top

"Oh yeah, uh...I was actually going to give you that" Veronica said and a light rose tint could be seen in her pale face