Chapter 5

Autumn Leaves - Ed Sheeran

Jasmine

It was Sunday again.

Another weekend had been spent studying for the upcoming exams. The weekend almost felt wasted. On Friday, I had given Terence my number, but he had made no effort to contact me.

It kind of hurt. I too could've lied like he did.

He could've ignored me quite well without having my number!

He's done it before.

I closed my textbook and decided that it was time to relax.

I flipped on the television. After all, nothing was more relaxing for me and I needed to relax.

 Terenece

Ok so, I've waited for two days, now it is time to send her a message. It's the perfect time; she thinks I've forgotten about her, but really, I've been thinking about her constantly for the past two days ever since I left her parents car. Ever since I left her really.

Up until that day, I'd never really looked at her. Yeah, I'd seen her from a distance and I'd glanced at pictures of her, but I'd never looked into her eyes. They're the window to the soul you know.I adore eyes and I think that they're very important.

At first glance, her eyes look black. They're very dark, but the longer you look and focus (and the lighter it is) the sooner you realize that her eyes are actually brown, dark brown, like soil or dirt. Except in the sun, then they appear to be a regualr brown.

The circumferences of both of her irises are also lighter that the rest of her iris. By the circumference there's a slight almost unnoticable strip. It's not like a light brown; I'm talking grey or some sort of pale green. I don't know what that means, but I love the way it complements the dark brown. Or maybe it doesn't, but I really do love the way it looks up close.

Her eyes, however that's where I read all of her emotions. Overall, she has "happy" eyes, but I feel like there's something behind those eyes that I may never know if I just stay her friend.

I have to know what make her tick, what she loves; I need to know more about her.

She was like a drug and I was a Jasmine-Junkie who just couldn't get enough. The little I had of her was just a tease. I needed more otherwise I literally will not be able to function. So with everything I had, I typed in the three lettered word that I hoped she would reply to.

"Hey"

I waited for about two minutes until I saw that she has started writing back. My heart skipped a beat. All the time I had spent imagining our possible conversations were not in vain. It was finally time for me to start living the dream. If Hannah Montana actually knew what she was talking about, this was about to become awesome.

"Who is this?" she replied

"It's Terence."

"Terence who?"

"How many Terences do you know?"

"Listen whoever you are, I don't know how you got my number, but if you don't tell me who 'Terence' is you're going to get blocked."

"You wouldn't."

"Try me 'Terence'."This was not at all how I saw our first conversation going.

"It's Terence Gordon. Here's a selfie if you need any more proof." And I sent one. I took it in that moment as well so that she wouldn't accuse me of "stealing" the picture.