B2 Part Three

(I keep forgetting to feature this stunning art by d0ir__ 

    Hajime looked really roughed-up. Not including his already injured shoulder, he had several bleeding out cuts, including a large one across his cheek. But he didn't look like he was going down without a fight.

   Kamukara had a huge slash-mark across his chest, I can't tell how deep it goes. There appear to be several smaller slashes scattered across his limbs as well. 

   "HAJIME!" I scream, going to run towards them but before I can I'm roughly grabbed by Mukuro. 

   "Don't get involved." She hisses in my ear. 

   "Don't tell me what to do, Hajime is in danger!" I spit back, struggling against her tight grip.

   "Nothing you can say or do will stop Her will." She responds dangerously. 

   And that's when I remember the knife in my hand. 

   "Like hell I can't!" I shout. I jerk my arm, sending the tip of my knife into his chest. It doesn't get in that deep, her free hand stops it.

   "Big mistake." She mumbles icily. She pushes me away from her, kicking me in the gut. I reel back, falling into Hajime. By some sort of luck, I get him out of the way out of one of Kamukara's attack.

   Together we fall back onto the cot, me landing in his lap. 

   "What are you doing, Ko, you can easily get hurt, don't provoke her!" He whisper-shouts. 

   "I want to help you!" I insist.

   "You're not dying here, idiot! Stay out of this, I've got this!" 

   With those words, he rolls me off of his lap and rejoins the fight. He lunges right for Kamukara, slashing. Meanwhile, Mukuro's giving me a deathly stare, daring me to get up and try that again.

   He's already severely wounded, he can't possibly win this fight on his own, especially against someone as talented as Kamukara. I've got to help him somehow...

   I glance down at the weapon in my hands. I'll figure out a way to help my Hajime.

   Their fight has flipped around now, Izuru now having his back to mine. Maybe...

   I stand up slowly, trying not to draw the attention of Mukuro, who's watching the fight with disinterest.  

   Slowly and carefully I raise my weapon, Kamukara and Mukuro yet to notice. Hajime gives me a warning glance but I shake my head at him. 

   Hajime, I'm helping you, darling, jeez.

   I raise the weapon and plunge it into his chest, aiming for the heart. Mukuro had no time to react, excellent.

   With a smile, I pull the weapon out of his body and push him onto the ground. Hajime flashes a devious grin. 

   "Nice, Marshmallow!" He exclaims. He raises his weapon and plunges his blade into his chest, killing him for good. 

   "Ugh." He grunts. 

   Together we turn to face a fuming Mukuro.

    "That...wasn't what was supposed to happen!" She snarls. Hajime smiles at her.

   "Is that so? Huh? Huh? Well, what are you gonna do about that?" He pokes at her. Her glare narrows.

   "Kill you myself." He replies with a smirk. She picks up Kamukara's knives, dropping her gun, and runs at the brunet but Hajime is ready. 

   He twists his scythe, effectively blocking her. "You're not the only one that's had years of practice." He taunts. She snarls, reeling back and launching another attack.

   Their dance is kind of like an elegant sword fight, except that neither of the weapons are swords. Although her knives are kind of like mini swords, no? 

   Hajime swings his blade around, aiming to take out her knee but she side-steps quickly. She then sends a knife towards Hajime's eyes but he ducks easily. 

   They're both equally skilled it seems. It's like a stalemate, this fight will never end, will it?

   Should I...interfere again? Skilled or not, two-on-one has certainly got to be better. 

   Ah, maybe not, Hajime seems to have acquired the upper-hand. It may not look like it...but it appears he's trying to tire her out so he can then attack her. Hajime's so smart and cool and talented! 

   Their dance is suddenly faster-and Hajime is landing some blows! He's weakening Mukuro!!

   "Go, Hajime! I believe in you, I lov-" I cut myself off. I don't know what I'm saying anymore, aha...

   Fortunately, he didn't seem to notice that foolish slip-up as he reduces Mukuro to her knees, disarming her. 

   "Now I just need a good kill-line, hmm..," He muses, "Ah, how about When you get to Hell, say hello to Kamukara."

   And with that, he slashes Mukuro's throat. She falls backwards, dead. 

   With a heavy, exhausted sigh, he turns back to me. "Done and done. Nice teamwork, Marshmallow." He says sleepily, coming to sit down next to me.

   Ah, those were two very brutal killings...Hajime is so cool! 

   I shiver, running my hands up and down my arms. Hajime raises an eyebrow.

   "Is my Marshmallow cold?" He asks. I shake my head.

   "Nah, I'm fine." I lie. He rolls his eyes, removing his hoodie. He then drapes it around my shoulders. 

   "There we go. All better." He decides with a smile. 

   "Ah, this really isn't neces-"

   "Consider the favor of you giving me your sweater returned. Which reminds me," He says with a sly smirk, "there's one more favor I need to return..."

   I blink. "Huh? What fav-"

   He leans forward, cupping my face, planting a soft kiss on my lips. Once he's done, he pulls away with a smile. "That's for the maze." He explains with a smile. I blush.

   "Ah, understood...thank you, that felt nice." I murmur, flustered. 

   "I agree...," He mumbles, lying down on the cot, "Ko, come lay down with me, you must be exhausted as well." He pats the small space next to him.

   "Oh, it's okay, I'll go on the floor, I-"

   "Ko. Here. Now." He directs, shutting his eyes. What choice do I have?

   I slowly lay down next to him, trying to leave a considerable, polite distance between us. Hajime makes a soft rumbling noise from deep in his chest, kind of like a purr, and throws his arms around me, pulling me tight to his chest.

   This feels...nice. This feels right.

   "Hajime, you really shouldn't sleep in a binder, it's not safe..." I mumble. 

   "Ah, hold on."

   He slides off the bed, quickly undressing and then putting his shirt back on. He then returns to the cot, snuggling right into me. He lays his head on my chest, letting out a soft sigh.

   I fall asleep.