Epilogue

"After years of searching, serial murderer Hinata Hajime was appre-"

   The nurse reaches across my lap, grabbing the remote control and turning the tv off. The nurse, who was wearing far too much lipstick, then smiles at me.

   "No need to worry about what became of him, darling. Let's get you into bed."

   I stand up, watching as she pulls back the covers, gesturing for me to climb in. With a heavy sigh I lay down, waiting for the nurse to draw the cover over me. 

   "Goodnight Nagito." She says sweetly. I don't respond. She gracefully crosses the room and exits, turning the lights off and shutting the door behind her. The only source of light comes from the moon shining on the floor of my room.

   I stare at the ceiling.

   I've been here for a couple days now, I'm not sure how many. The last thing I remember in getting hit on the head with a heavy piece of building and Hinata's tight grip on my wrist. We were no where near the exit.

   He must have carried me out of there and delivered me to people that ensured my safety. It's my fault he's in prison then... I'm such a useless, disgusting person. Ah, yet another valid reason I need to die...

   A faint tapping sound begins coming from the window.

   Huh, what is that? Ah, it's probably just a tree branch scratching against the window.

   Dismissing it as such I roll over onto my side, trying to will myself to fall asleep. A moment passes and the tapping grows louder, seemingly more impatient.

   Ugh, what is with that troublesome noise?! I'm going to snap that tree branch like a neck...

   I kick back my covers and roll out of bed, padding over to the window. I look out angrily, hell-bent on finding the damn branch but instead find something I never expected to see.

   Hajime Hinata, leaning against the window-frame, a smug, lazy smile gracing his face. 'Open the window.' He mouths. 

   I don't hesitate to do so.

   "Hajime?! How? Why are you here?! Aren't you supposed to be in prison?" I demand, shocked. He shrugs.

   "Isn't it obvious, Ko? I left. Prison sucks." He responds. I shake my head in disbelief.

   "You're incredible, Hajime Hinata." I mumble. He smiles.

   "I know that, stupid."

   He extends a hand to me. "Well, are you coming out? We don't have much time, you know." He reminds me. 

   I smile, taking his hand in mine. "Of course, Hajime."

   He pulls me forward, up and out of the window. My bare feet slam down against the cool, damp grass and Hajime steadies me. 

   "Hajime." I murmur. He hums quizzically. 

   "Please...kill me."

   Fin