7) Spooky Scary Skeleton

DISCLAIMER: ...still don't own Harry Potter...

For the fifth night in a row Draco and I sit talking in the common room. Our newfound friendship has not been brought to the attention of anybody else. I highly doubt that Harry would be happy that I am friends with Draco and I doubt Hermione or Ron Would be too pleased either. I'm also positive Pansy would throw a fit if she found out I was even on speaking terms with Draco. To my surprise I found out that Draco was actually very nice and an interesting person to talk to. We would talk about anything from Quidditch to our families. I told him about my nightmares and he admitted to being scared about Voldemort's return. I was shocked when he told me this, as he isn't one to open up so quickly.

"I'm scared." He had whispered, I had turned to him, confused at what he was talking about, "you asked me if I believed that The Dark Lord was back," I nodded, still a bit confused. "Well I'm scared," he leaned closer to me, "there's a new tension in my house ever since he came back, my father is always gone and my mother hardly ever speaks."

"So he's back." I state, it wasn't a question. I had believed Harry, of course, but I was still unsure about what his motive was for coming back now, why wait so long?

"I've seen him," Draco shudders, "it's awful." I place my hand on his and he holds it tightly. A sudden tingle of electricity passes through my hand and I subconsciously bite my lip. He looks up at me and smiles before looking back down quickly.

***

The next day Hermione and I sit in the library with our Defense Against the Dark Arts homework sprawled across the table. I sit criss-cross in one of the chairs chewing the tip of my quill as Hermione scrawled furiously on her parchment. Hermione sits back with a grunt.

"I had an idea," Hermione began, "we aren't learning anything with Umbridge as our teacher, at this rate we won't be passing our O.W.L.S!" she exclaims, I can't help but giggle, I cannot remember a time when Hermione has been so riled up.

"You know I agree, but we've already decided that there isn't anything we can do," I respond.

"That's my idea, what if we start a group, we can learn actual spells and practice them." I furrow my eyebrows as she continues.

"It's a good idea, but we don't have a teacher," I shrug and return my gaze to my homework.

"Yes we do." I look back up, "Harry will be our teacher." She states matter of factly, I chuckle.

"Harry?"

"Yes, Harry, he knows all the spells, he can cast a patronus, stun, he knows expelliarmus, he's done all the real life stuff, Nila!" She exclaims, a smile slowly creeps over my face and she beams back at me, "I'll tell him after Halloween."

***

I walk out of the Halloween feast feeling pleasantly full, I walk with Hermione laughing about something Ron had done during the feast. I hear a loud crash and see Draco arguing with a ghost outside the abandoned girls bathroom. Draco looks disheveled, his hair is sticking up and he has prominent dark circles traced underneath his eyes. Hermione and I exchange a confused glance.

"You go ahead without me," I tell her, "I'm just going too..." I trail off but she nods anyhow and slowly walks away towards the Gryffindor tower with a few confused backward glances at me. I walk towards Draco and the ghost who has his arms crossed and is huffing about something. I clear my throat and the pair turn towards me. The ghost says something to Draco before gliding away down the empty corridor. Draco turns to me and I could swear he flushed red for a moment. I walk up to him twisting my hands anxiously.

"Um, are you ok?" I ask him, he bites his lip and looks down at the ground.

"Ya, I just-" he trails off for a moment, "I wasn't in the mood to go to the feast."

I nod hesitantly towards where the ghost had just glided away, "what were you talking about?"

Draco smirks, "he was upset I was in the girls bathroom," I raise an eyebrow and he laughs, "nobody goes in there, I just wanted to get away from the crowds."

"Yes, well Myrtle is quite a catch." Draco squeals and I laugh.

"What? Noooo!" I giggle as we walk back to the common room together.

***

What did you think? I'm quite enjoying writing about Draco and Nila... Again, thank you very much for ready! comment any thoughts/suggestions!