24) Maniac

Voldemort is here. Dinner comes around and Narcissa sends us upstairs to get dressed for dinner. I mentally prepare myself for Voldemort's wrath.

I know he likes to play.

So I decide to play.

I'm deciding between a tight black sleeveless mini dress with lace patterns and the same black long-sleeve I was wearing earlier. The long-sleeve one is the safe bet, there can be no complaints with it, it is simple and it blends in. It's safe.

But I don't want safe.

I choose the sleeveless dress.

I'm still wearing the ring Draco gave me and I pull on a black choker with silver snakes on it. I then put on my highest black heels. I can hardly walk in them, but that's ok. I apply crimson red lipstick and black eyeshadow. I let my hair flow over my shoulder then look in the mirror and pull it into a high bun. I exit the room grabbing a plain black cloak on my way out. I don't put it on, yet.

My heels click against the marble floors and I steadily walk down the stairs. My heart pounds in my chest and I suddenly feel very self-conscious of my outfit.

I think I'm crazy.

I need to play his game.

I need to make him like me.

I need to play the crazy game.

Draco stands at the bottom of the stairs and he gulps when he sees me. He takes my hand and stares in shock at me.

"Don't let me trip," I hiss. He nods in shock and leads me into the dining room. Bellatrix stares at me in disgust. Voldemort hums softly as we enter the room, he glances at us before turning to stroke Nagini.

"Draco next to Bellatrix," he commands, "Nila next to me." He beckons to the seat on his immediate right and I sit down. Draco shoots me a frightened look.

"Afternoon, my lord," Dolohov greets as he walks in and takes the seat next to me. I shiver. Snape soon comes in and sits on the immediate left of Voldemort. The other death eaters file in and soon it is time to begin.

"Dumbledore is dead," Voldemort begins. Maniacal laughs and claps fill the room, "silence!" Voldemort hisses angrily, "Dumbledore was not killed by Draco and Nila!" Bellatrix glares at me as if this is my fault, "he was killed by Severus!" All the gazes shift to Snape, Draco looks at the floor. "Now, we applaud Severus but don't we all agree that there should be a punishment for dear Draco and Nila?" Silent nods and agreement fills the room.

"My Lord!" I interrupt deciding to take a risk, "we were planning on killing Dumbledore, but Snape interfered," Draco stares at me in fear, "I believe," I lean forward, "I can be more use out in the field, not taking place in some silly punishment." Voldemort slowly nods.

"Hmm, very interesting." Nagging twirls around his neck like a beautiful necklace, "you are quite intriguing."

I'm playing his game well now.

"I have a plan, my lord, but I will need Draco as well." I swallow hard as Voldemort strokes Nagini in deep thought.

"Everybody out, except Nila." Voldemort hisses softly. The death eaters get up.

"My Lord?" Bellatrix protests.

"Out, Bella," he growls. Bellatrix scurries out with a deep bow.

Narcissa grabs Draco's arm and pulls him out of the room, whispering something in his ear, he looks back at me and I nod reassuringly. After everyone leaves the room Voldemort begins to speak.