13) Summertime Blues

DISCLAIMER: I still don't own Harry Potter...

-If The World Was Ending by JP Saxe and Julia Michaels

-Summer On You by PRETTYMUCH

My favorite part about summer is seeing my childhood friends. I have continued to send my friends letters over the years and we surprisingly have maintained our closeness. My first full day of being home I pull on a pair of white jean shorts and a green spaghetti-strap tank top and run outside. Just like when I was younger kids play and bike in our cul-de-sac and the older kids sit and chat near the river that flows behind the houses.

"Fay! Lorenzo!" I shout, running over to my friends. They stand up and hug me tightly.

"Nila! How was your year?" Fay asks and I smile.

"It was... exciting," I laugh.

"Exciting I bet, where did you get that scar?" Lorenzo exclaims. Shoot, my scar. A medium-sized scar zigzags across the right side of my chest from where Dolohov cursed me. I usually wear something that covers it but in my excitement I forgot. I realize Lorenzo is leaning closer examining it. "Damn that's huge, Nila," he grunts his eyes wide. Oh, I forgot, Lorenzo wants to be a doctor, and everytime one of us gets hurt he always meticulously examines our injuries.

"Umm, I fell," I say quickly.

"You fell?" He asks, "that's a pretty gnarly scar to have gotten by falling."

"Um ya, down the stairs!" I improve and he leans closer touching the scar. Hot pain sears through my skin and I flinch away, my eyes watering.

"Shoot, Enzo, that hurts!" I groan clenching my fists. He looks up at me in concern and mumbles a quick sorry. We don't push the matter anymore and we end up at my house for dinner. I walk into the bright kitchen, grab a glass of water, and leave my friends sitting at the table to go fetch my parents. I walk up the stairs and over to my parents room, I freeze when I hear them talking about me.

"Jocelynn, it's my brother, of course I miss him!" My dad exclaims. I peek through the slightly opened door to see my father sitting on the bed with his face in his hands and my mother hovering nearby. I thought my father was an only child?

"Well he would want Nila to know!" My mother exclaims, I lean closer, "he would want Nila to know who her real parents are, and that we aren't them!" I gasp dropping the almost empty glass, I stay still as the glass shatters over my feet. My mother slowly turns and rushes towards me. My father stands up as well and I see he is holding a picture.

"Did you hear..." my mother trails off and I nod tears pricking my eyes. She walks forward and hugs me tightly but I shy away. My father comes up and places a hand soothingly on my shoulder.

"We still love you so much, Nila, we always have," he tells me. My mother nods and I see tears flowing down her face.

"Why would you not tell me," I whisper.

"Oh, Nila, we wanted to but we didn't want to put you in any danger." My father tells me rubbing my back as the tears overflow and run freely down my face.

"How-how would I be in danger?'' I stutter. My father holds out the picture he was holding towards me.

"Your parents were wizards, like you, they were killed in the first wizarding war." He begins, I can't bear to look at the photo yet, It's too new to be. "As your fathers brother I was to take care of you away from the wizarding world."

"But, aren't you a wizard too then?"

He shakes his head, "I was born a squib, I went to a boarding school with muggles like your mom..." he trails off and hold the picture signaling he wanted me to look at it. "They're names are Gideon Prewett and Marlene Mickinnon." The world slows, I can hear my dad talking but I no longer hear him, Marlene was her name. And in the photo, she looks exactly like the woman from my dream. "A wizard named Dolohov killed your mother and..." I zone off again not listening to my father. Dolohov, why did Draco get so freaked out when I said the name Dolohov? Did he know, did he guess it? Draco, I needed Draco. I tear away from my fathers grasp and run downstairs. I hurry into the kitchen seeing Lorenzo and Fay still sitting there looking confused.

"Nila, are you ok?" Fay asks. I pull open a drawer grabbing a pen and piece of paper. I struggle to uncap the pen, swearing loudly.

"Nila, what are you doing?" My mother asks, I notice she and father are standing back from me looking worried. Lorenzo is standing up now as is Fay.

"I'm writing a damn letter!" I say, unsure as to why I'm so freaking angry. I write to Draco telling him to meet me immediately, I sign it and walk into the other room giving it to my owl not caring if Fay or Lorenzo see. I storm back into the kitchen pushing past my parents, who i guess aren't even actually my parents, and throw open the door.

"Nila! Where are you going?" My mother asks walking after me.

"Out, I'll be back, don't go after me!" I yell back at her storming out of the house. I reach the empty playground in town where I told Draco to meet me. I plop down on a swing taking in what just happened. My parents aren't my parents? My real parents are dead? Why am I dreaming about my dead mother? Why was Draco so scared?

After what feels like forever Draco walks into the playground looking a little lost and startled. I walk up to him and push him, hard, he stumbles backwards then comes back toward me.

"What the heck took you so long!" I yell, now angry at him too for god knows what. He looks at my tear-streaked face and opens his mouth to say something but before he can I crash my lips into his. He gives in for a moment but then quickly pulls away gasping for breath.

"What's wrong, Nila, what's going on?" He exclaims holding onto my shoulders. Only then do I really start to cry, great heaving sobs. He rubs my back as I begin to explain. I tell him everything. I tell him about the dream and my real parents. He looks shocked, no, he looks worried, extremely worried.

"We have to go, Nila, I know who we need to talk to." And he holds out his wand hand. The knight bus appears.

***

Sooooo plot twist! Who are they going to talk to??? 

For those of you who didn't know Gideon has a twin named Fabian and they are brothers with Molly Weasley. They both were killed in the first wizarding war. Oliver isn't cannon, he is a character I made up. He is suppose to be Gideon and Fabians younger brother and Mollys older one.

Also, Marlene Mickinnon was supposedly in Lily and James Potters year. She was also killed. Both Marlene and Gideon are one of the 28 pureblood families so that makes Nila a pureblood.

AND thank you so much for reading :))) I hope you enjoy these next few chapters and please comment if you find anything confusing so I can clarify it and fix those parts.