15) Adventures in Wonderland

I take a seat next to my mother at the table where she is talking with Mrs Weasley and Tonks. Near the kitchen sink my father is laughing with Sirius and Snape and Narcissa bicker near the fireplace. As soon as Draco appears Narcissa pulls him into a tight hug. He pulls away looking grim and Narcissa grabs the floo powder.

"It was very nice to see you all but my husband will be," she trails off and I see Draco flinch, "he will be worried." She finishes glancing at Snape then at my father. Sirius and Tonks go to hug her goodbye and she hugs them back.

"It was so nice to meet you, Narcissa," my mother tells her waving goodbye.

"Pleasure to meet you too, Jocelyn," she replies. My father walks up and embraces her, he whispers something in her ear and she kisses his cheek. Snape takes her hand and they floo away back to Malfoy Manor. The door creaks open and Remus steps in with Hermione followed by Harry. Hermione and Harry embrace both Ron and I then turn to exchange hugs with Mrs Wealsey and Sirius. Sirius pats Harry's back excitedly and Harry returns the gesture with a huge grin. Draco stands awkwardly as we all exchange pleasantries and Remus, who supposedly knows my father, introduces Harry and Hermione. Draco had been looking increasingly worried since his mother left so I go up and grab his hand reassuringly.

"Are you ok?" I whisper in his ear.

"Just- later," he growls staring straight ahead, his eyes glassed over. I sigh used to Draco not opening up in front of other people. Molly and Sirius bring the food out and I drag Draco over to the table and we sit down. I sit next to Hermione and I notice Draco uncomfortable shifting as Harry takes the seat between him and Sirius. Harry doesn't look pleased about it either but neither of them say anything.

After a few minutes of eating Sirius speaks up, "I thought we should explain why we are all here." He begins, looking at Draco, "Draco do you want to tell them what you saw?"

Before he can say anything Mrs Weasley cuts in, "It's ok, Draco, you don't have to explain just give us a summary." She replies and gives him a sympathetic smile.

"Err yes, well, I was at a party at Dolohov's - the death eater who is after Nila - manor to celebrate," he trails off at a glare from Harry, I squeeze his hand and he continues, "umm, I was a little, really, drunk." My parents glare at him as does Mrs Weasley but Sirius and Remus both look unbothered. He starts to clarify, "these parties they get really, very, unbearable and I-I just..." 

"Keep going dear," Mrs Weasley tells him. 

"The party got very unbearable and my head was throbbing so I went off and was wandering the corridors," he gulps and I take my hand out of his grasp and softly massage his thigh, he sighs, "Nila looked exactly like the women, and when I mentioned Nila the woman got all excited," I grip his thigh tighter my ring digging into his skin, he places his hand atop mine and gently squeezes, "then Dolohov appeared and told her to go back to the dungeon, he told me not to talk to prisoners, he called her Marlene." I see my father grimace and I could've sworn I saw tears in both Remus and Sirius' eyes.

"Dear Severus then explained to us that he overheard Dolohov discussing how he needed to find 'the Prewett girl'". Sirius finished. My mother clasps her hands in front of her, I don't think she really understood the desperation of the situation. My father on the other hand looks furious.

"If she's alive we have to save her!" I blurt out suddenly, Draco turns to me looking shocked.

"No." He states simply.

"Excuse me," I hiss turning towards him.

"No way! You'll get killed, it's insane." He growls back, I feel his hand clench into a fist and his lips twitch.