Clay and Tony

Clay Jensen heard my tape

Clay Jensen heard my tape. How did I know? As I came to school today I swear he was just watching and waiting for me to be alone. But the boys also saw this and were like a protective detail constantly following me around like a bunch of lost puppies. So of course I decided to skip out during lunch and head to the gas station in my car. I told the boys I was heading to the bathroom and they waited outside the door for me. Unbeknownst to them the bathroom window is just big enough for me to squeeze out and not fall on my ass.

I was pretty quick to get to my car and drive off. It wasn't hard to notice someone biking in the distance so I slowed down for Clay. Not enough to look suspicious but more so following the speed limit. I made my way to the local gas station to grab my usual energy drink and who do I see?

THE CULT I swear either their following me or this is some sort of destiny that I'm always running into them. Shouldn't they be in school? ..... scratch that so am I. They were just walking inside laughing pushing each other around like idiots making me roll my eyes. I parked and sat their for a minute to give Clay some more time to catch up, before heading inside. I felt their eyes fall on me as the bell dinged but I just ignored them with not even so much as a glance still upset for what Paul said.

As I looked at the different flavors of energy drink trying to 'decide' the bell rang again making me think they left but the eyes never went away. In fact I felt even more watched now then before, so turning around I met the bruised face of Clay Jensen. "Hi", he said so out of breathe that I couldn't even hide how shocked I was that he got here so quick. "Hello" I said it back monotonous waiting for the screaming to start but instead he looked more sad then angry.

"I um have been trying to talk to you all day today but...Justin and the guys have been keeping a close eye...... Miley what Hannah said on those tapes....... I'm sorry I haven't been there for you.............. did you know I was the one who found you and Jeff that night? You were bleeding all over but I could see you breathing heavy but Jeff.... I saw it but I didn't believe it you know? It was Jeff, he had every perfect in his life and.... I saw the alchol and assumed like everyone else. I'm sorry." He said shrugging and tears in his eyes ready to fall.

If he had talked to me a week ago I would have fallen to the floor in despair but now I felt like a hollow shell. Waiting for my next pick me up. Just wanting to feel anything other then sadness again. "It's fine Clay, I'm fine. Are you only on my tape?" I asked wondering if he'd heard his own or worse Bryces and Mr Porters.

"Yeah I'm im actually suspended for a few days now. Marcus planted weed in my bag so I just ..... saw you leaving and followed." He said it like it was nothing making me nod as I pursed my lips turning away grabbing my drink. "You don't want anything to eat? It would be lunch now." He asked trying to stick around and talk to her more. "Uh no I don't really.... eat that much anymore." I said with a firm nod walking to the counter making me realize the cult was here and obviously eavesdropping. I shook my head at their annoyance but paid and began to leave but stopped seeing Clay also grabbing some food but more then for just him.