CHAPTER TWENTY- THREE - Back in the Game

" I heard you're here to make a bargain."

Sabay na napayuko sina Nikka at Gusion.

" Greetings Zhyieke," sabay rin nilang wika.

They are standing outside His garden.

He studied the two players who broke his rules. The smoke from the tobacco between the gritted teeth of his mask  mixed with the fresh air and scented flowers. May dalawang lalaking naka gray suit ang katabi niya. Nagdala ang mga ito ng mga payong para maproteksyunan ang Boss mula sa sikat ng araw na lumabas katatapos lang ang malakas na ulan.

Hindi rin alam ni Zhyieke kung paano siya natunton ng mga ito. Pero hindi na mahalaga sa kanya iyon. Staring at them , bowing their heads outside his garden is enough proof that they're not just pieces of his chess.

" Please Zhyieke. I want to stay in the game," pagmamakaawa ni LK Nikka.

He smirked behind his mask.

Players beg him to remove them from the game, yet, this two players wanted to remain. Possibly because they haven't found out, not yet.

" Nani o kakenakereba narimasen ka?" ( What do you have to bet? ) he asked and walked closer.

He's curious. He wanted to know what they have that they made a great effort in finding him. He wanted to know what could they offer to believe that he'll break his own rule. 

" We'll help you find your daughter."

Seryoso ang mukha niyang napatingin kay Gusion. They found out?

"And we'll bet our lives on that."

He was stunned for a moment. He stared at them with utmost curiousity. How did they know? How much did they know?

" We have nothing when we were in the carriage," - Nikka.

" We knew nothing of what would happen to us," - Gusion.

" Yet, we found out about you,"   -Nikka.

" And we found out how to risk our lives just to save us," - Gusion.

" That was deep," komento ni Zhyieke sa kaloob- looban niya.

" We find out how to risk our lives just to save us" rings a bell in his head. It brings back memories he already buried.

His eyes fixated on Gusion. He was of the same age when that incident happened.

Napatango siya.

"Taking risk is a decision even adults failed to make ," he uttered. He  leaned closer to them and said in almost a whisper. " Kodugemo o yokoso," ( Welcome to Code Game ) he said and walk away.

When Zhyieke's steps drifted away from them. They raise their head.

Naiyak si Nikka at napayakap kay Gusion.

" Anong sinasabi niya hindi ko naintindihan?" pabulong na wika ni Nikka."

" We're saved Nikka. We're officially players," sambit ni Gusion at tinapik-tapik siya sa balikat.

__________________________________

" Ano ng gagawin natin?" namomroblemang tanong ng kasama kay Truce. Truce just shook his head in response.

" Kung sasabihan tayo ni Leutenant na walang gagawin, ibig sabihin nun, wala na tayong magagawa pa ," -Truce.

Maging sina Damon ay di mapakali.