Chapter 5

I grabbed a set of keys and left. I drove away.

//Corbyn POV//
~ A week before Zach started acting weird~
We were in a meeting with management talking about ads, photo shoots and stuff. The meeting was about to end when our managers said something.

Manager1: Guys there's one more thing.
Daniel: What?
Manager3: Your rates are going down ever since you've associated yourself with Jesse Paul. A lot of young teenage girls think that Jesse is dating Zach.
Zach: We're not but go off.
Manager1: You're going to have to show that you aren't together.
Zach: How?
Manager2: Cut ties with her.
Zach: What?!
Manager2: You have to for the sake of the band.
Zach hesitantly nodded while putting his head down.

~Present time~
We all knew that Zach had some sort of feelings toward Jess he cared about her, everyone suspected it but he kept saying no. He's been trying his best to be mean and keep his distance and ik for a fact it's confusing Jess. Jess came down and passed the living room. We saw Zach roll his eyes. And Daniel and I whispered to him.

Me: Don't you think you're taking it a little far.
Zach: No she needs to hate me what can I say that would make her hate me.
I had an idea. It was about the situation that got Jess into that cast and she would hate him if he brought it up. I obviously didn't tell him what happened but just told him to say it. After a few passive aggressive comments zach spoke.

Zach: her bf shouldve finished the job
She looked at us and we saw she was about to cry. She ran off.
Daniel: We shouldn't have to stop being friends with someone because our rates are going down...

~A few hours later~
//Jesse/ you POV//

I drove to the beach. I didn't want to go to Jakes or else he would've asked me what happened. I didn't want to tell Logan either. I couldn't stay in my room knowing the boys were down there. I sat in the sand for a VERY long time. It was dark and I got in my car. I texted Logan.

Me: Logan

Logan: Yes

Me: Can you check if I need a refill?

Logan: One sec

~2 minutes later~

Logan: Yes you do I'll send you the prescription

Me: Okay thanks

I closed my phone and went to a CVS. My eyes were bloodshot so I kept my head down. I got a refill of my anxiety meds and I went home. I kept my hood up so no one would look me in the eyes. Zach was right HE should've finished the job.

~Flashback to 5 months ago~
//Jesse/ you POV//

My boyfriend Alex and I were in a fight. We were in a toxic relationship. He hit me multiple times, didn't let me talk to boys, not even my own brothers, he abused me verbally physically and emotionally. We were in a fight and there was a party that was being thrown so I went to it. I wore a revealing dress and danced while talking to boys basically not caring what I did since so was mad. A few of his friends were there posting on their snapchat stories and stuff. He must've seen me in the background becuase he barged in the house looking for me and dragged me out. Immediately when we went back to his place he threw me on the ground and started kicking me. He was so mad and wanted to take the one thing I actually enjoyed. Music. So he stomped on my right hand as hard as he could and jumped on it, leaving 5 fractures and a broken wrist. After he left I called me Mom and told her everything. She took me to the hospital and my brothers came home for a week to help me out. I didn't have a cast at first I had some weird machine that was keeping my fingers together. Over time the doctors put on a cast and now I have to wear until it starts to heal enough to the point where I can switch to a brace.

~End of flashback~

My hood was up my eyes were bloodshot and puffy. I had sunglasses on so no one saw my eyes. I went upstairs with my prescription bag. I took my pills and then I went in the bathroom and took a LONG shower to make myself feel better. When I came out, I was in a robe and my hair was in a towel. I saw Dani Lana and Josie sitting on my bed.