Chapter 11

Me: I hate you.
I went over to my seat and picked up my plate and put it in the sink.
I went upstairs to change into a nicer outfit. I wore sweatpants a tube top and a cropped jacket on top.
Me: Who feels like going out?
The boys plus JJ and Jace put their hands up.
Me: Let's go!
We all take Logan's car and drive. I was in the front, Zach was next to me. Behind us was Daniel, Corbyn was sitting on Daniel lap and Jack with lavender on his lap, Gabbie next to him and in the back back was Jace, Jonah and JJ.

Zach: Where are we going?
Me: I have no clue, any ideas?
Zach: The burger place!!
Me: Which burger place?
Zach: Are you joking? The one went to at 2:00am.
Me: Oh yeah omg if we go there we have to go to the diner that has those bomb milkshakes.
Zach: I propose we split into two teams and pick up all the food and meet back at the car to go find a place to eat.
Me: I was thinking the park.
Zach: Oh yeah that's perfect.
JJ: When did you guys do all this?

Daniel smirked

Daniel: On their date.
JJ's eyes widen.
JJ: WHAT?!

Daniel chuckled.
Me: It was not a date.
I looked at Daniel through the mirror and death stared him.
Daniel: Y'all did come back at-
Me: Shut it Seavey.
JJ: No Seavey finish they came back at what?
Me: Don't even giraffe.
Corbyn: 7:00am the next day...

JJ gasped.
I smacked my forehead blushing a little while looking at the red Zach.

Me: It was not a date, we were all at the beach and everyone couldn't find us so they left but also left us a car and we didn't wanna go home so we just drove around and ate.

JJ: YALL CAME BACK AT 7:00 AM?! Wh- whe- WHY WAS I NOT INFORMED?!
Me: BECAUSE YOU WOULDVE THOUGHT IT WAS A DATE!
Jack: He carried her in btw, she was asleep and he carried her in on his back.
Me: All of you shut up before I throw you to the curb.

I glance over at Zach who had his hood up. He was RED and smiling. I held my smile in as much as I could. We got to the burger place and we split into two teams. Me Zach Jack JJ and Jace and then Gabbie Lavender Corbyn Jonah and Daniel.

We went to the milkshake place while the other went to the burger place. We texted our orders to each other and walked to our designated food place.

Zach and I were ahead of the rest, laughing and talking, while everyone else was behind talking.

//Daniel JJ Jonah Jack and Jace POV//
Daniel: They so like each other.
JJ: They basically went on a date.
Jonah: Did you see Zachs face in the car? He was a tomato, they kept exchanging glances.
Daniel: Zach told me everything that happened on their "date".
JJ: Omg spill!
Daniel: They stayed at the beach until 1 or 2 talking and stuff and when they realized the time they called Corbyn and Corbyn said they left a car for them and then they went all around, they went to an abandoned parking lot and made tiktoks and stuff, they got food and drinks, and then they drove around and ended up at a park where they fell asleep in the car.
JJ: That's so cute! Even if they aren't dating, they have to at least like each other.
Jonah: They'd make a cute couple they already act like it.
He nods his head to you guys upfront. Zach and you were walking very close together, there was almost no space left in between.
Jace: They 100% like each other, we're staying here for a while since it's summer we're totally getting them together.

// Jesse/ you POV//
We got to the burger place. We were all on the side looking at the menu to see if we wanted anything else, when I saw the one person I hated more than anyone else. Alex. I turned around to Zach. He looked down at me fixing his attention from the menu board to me, he saw me scared and worried.

Zach: What happened?
Me: Alex is here.
Zach: Where?! Let me talk to him.
Zach was about to leave when I pulled his shirt back. He looked at me and nodded after seeing my scared expression. He wrapped his arms around my neck/ shoulder while I wrapped mine around his torso. He laid his head on top of mine. I was facing the opposite way of the menu board hoping Alex wouldn't see me.

//Zach's POV//
When Jess told me that Alex was here I so badly wanted to hurt him for hurting Jess but Jess pulled me back because she was scared. I stayed with her because I knew she needed me more. I hugged her. While she hugged my torso I put both my around around her neck and shoulders with one hand stroking her hair. I saw JJ look at us and I mouthed "Alex is here" her expression changed immediately as she scanned the room landing on a dirty blonde haired guy who was wearing shorts and shirt. I just held Jess tighter in my arms. I didn't want her to leave or ever get hurt. JJ told Jace and and Jace clenched his jaw JJ while informingDaniel, Jonah and Jack.
Daniel: Who is Alex?
JJ: Just someone who hurt Jess VERY badly.
Jonah and Daniel nodded. And then then dirty blonde haired guy walked toward us.

Alex: JJ long time no see.
Jess held me tighter as soon as she heard his voice.
I whispered in her ear.
Zach: it's okay breathe Jess.
I kissed the top of her head and stroked her hair more as she slowly calm down as much as she could. I could feel her shaking.

JJ: I wish I could say I was glad to see you.
Alex: So where's our mutual friend, last time I heard she was in LA what a coincidence?
Alex laid his eyes on us.
Alex: Is that her?
She slowly let go of me and turned around.
I kept her close to me, making sure she didn't go too close to him just in case.
Alex: Oh my gosh you dyed your hair. Did you get my text messages?
She nodded and looked down, her hands were behind her back so I slid one of my hands into hers and intertwined our fingers.