Chapter 9

Me: One sec I'm going to go get some napkins.

They all nodded. I left to get napkins and when I came back Zach was on Daniels lap. I chuckled and we all finished eating. When we went home we hung out for a while until I got a text message and walked upstairs.

??: Guess who's back...

Me: Who is this ?

??: How's your hand?

Me: How do you know about
my hand?

??: I did step on it hard

I felt my heard drop as soon as I read that sentence. I wanted to jump out of a window. I wasn't responding because I was in shock. I turn to open my phone and I see a bunch of text messages.
"You're not enough and will never be enough" "everyone hates you" "die in a hole" "kys" "you don't deserve to live" " I should've done worse than your hand" tears were streaming down my face. I can't believe he's back. My bed was was in the middle of the wall so I sat on the floor on the other side of it, away from the door.

~hours later~
//Zachs POV//

Jess hadn't been downstairs in a while so I went upstairs to check on her. I knocked on her door.

Me: Jess? You okay?
Jess: I-I'm fine.
I open the door to see her crying sitting on the farest end of her bed on the floor. I close the door behind me and walk over to her and sit down.

Me: what happened
She hands me her phone as I read through the conversation an unknown number and her had.
Me: Jess
Jess: what if he comes back? I'm terrified Zach.
I pull her closer to me and lays her head on my shoulder. She wraps her arms around me , hiding in my neck while I try to relax her. She wouldn't calm down so I started humming to a song. Her breathing slowed down and she held me tighter. Soon enough her breathing was slow and steady. I looked down at her and saw she was asleep. I carried her to her bed and laid her down. I kissed her forehead and left. It was 8:30 so I went back downstairs.

Corbyn: Well you were up there for a while... ;)
Me: It's not like that she was upset.
Jack: About what?
Me: Alex.
Daniel+Jonah: Who's Alex?
Corbyn: What happened?
Me: He texted her saying a bunch of stuff.
Jack: Is she okay?
Me: She fell asleep but I don't think so.
I walked to the kitchen and the guys and I made something to eat. I went to my room when I was starting to tired and I started humming and playing guitar.

~the next morning~
I woke up to all the boys jumping on top of me.

Me: Guysssss
Daniel: ZACHHH GET UPPP!
Me: Whyyy?
Jack: Because were bored and you usually do the dumb stuff
Me: yeah okay BAD BRAINS!
Jack: RUDE!
Me: Let me get ready I'll meet you downstairs.
Corbyn: YES!!
I get up, shower, and change into black jeans and a short sleeve shirt that has rips in in it. I was about to go downstairs but I saw Jess's door so I knocked on her door.

Jess: Yes?
I walked inside her room and closed the door behind me. She was doing her make up and she was live.
Zach: Hurry up I can't deal with the guys by myself
Jess: It's actually vice versa, the boys can't deal with you.
Zach: I-
She chuckles and I sit on the extra space on the bench facing Jess. I went on my phone and leaning my forehead on her arm/ shoulder while she faced the mirror and her live.
I get off my phone and look at her
Me: How you feeling?
Jess: Better tbh.
I take her phone and start talking to her fans. I was reading the comments.
Me: I ship-
I stopped myself and felt myself staring to blush.
Jess: They ship who?
Me: No one.
Jess: Uh huh sure, you're blushing by the way.
Me: My cheeks are naturally pink, idk what you're on about.
Jess: They might be pink but now they're red.
I playfully roll my eyes and go back to the live.